PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

fujii
30th Jun 2017, 10:16
I read Pprune on my iPad. Is anyone else getting frequent pop ups saying they have won an iPhone 7 and to answer some questions to claim the phone? If so, are you able to stop them? Alternatively do the moderators have a solution? It seems to occur on the threads which have mulriple pages, i.e. the most read/commented on.

PPRuNe Towers
30th Jun 2017, 10:35
Being discussed on the computer forum.

Rob

Slippery_Pete
30th Jun 2017, 10:40
Yes. It's a huge pain.

outnabout
30th Jun 2017, 10:56
You mean you don't get an iPad / iPhone??

Bugger!!

IFEZ
3rd Jul 2017, 05:57
Anything further on this..? I can't find a discussion anywhere else and its driving me INSANE. It's gotten so bad I can't look at PPRUNE on either my iphone or ipad because the stupid f***kn iphone/google pop ups keep interrupting making it pretty much unusable. Grrrrr :ugh::ugh:

no_one
4th Jul 2017, 02:39
yes, I am getting the problem too. I can't read pprune from my phone... It seems to be really bad the last few days.

Qanchor
4th Jul 2017, 02:53
Pretty sure if you log in to pprune the ads will stop.

Funny thing is, I deliberately answered the questions incorrectly and I was still a winner. If only lotto worked like that...

Mach E Avelli
4th Jul 2017, 07:11
It was also driving me to the point where I was ready to throw my iPad in the drink.
Went to app store and downloaded a free Blocking App called 1Blocker. This was not able to keep this particular pop up out as it is not on their 'free' list. Spent $7.99 on the premium version and 'voila' all fixed.

Mental note to self: NEVER buy anything more from Apple - or anyone else who invades my space - until they cease and desist with this intrusive marketing.

Slippery_Pete
4th Jul 2017, 08:31
Mach, you think this is marketing by Apple?

andrewr
4th Jul 2017, 08:37
It's not Apple, it's PPRune (their advertisers).

PPRune sell advertising on the site. Someone is buying ads, and inserting browser hijack code in them. The ads are presumably sold through an ad network - PPRune needs to put pressure on them to more thoroughly vet their advertisers and ads.

kellykelpie
4th Jul 2017, 09:11
Yes - I'm another that is being driven made by this 😡

gassed budgie
4th Jul 2017, 10:15
......me too. Been happening for a while now, pain in the ass.

Slippery_Pete
4th Jul 2017, 10:27
It's not Apple, it's PPRuNe (their advertisers).

That's what I was getting at. Didn't understand the anti-Apple rant.

Mach E Avelli
4th Jul 2017, 11:21
Well forgive me for trying to be helpful in suggesting how to p1ss off unwelcome pop-ups.
As for a 'rant'; forgive me for stating that my own way of dealing with this sh!t is to boycott the product being pitched. Your way may well be to buy it or play their 'game' to keep the peace, or to blame Pprune for allowing its site to become almost unusable from an iPhone or iPad.
Dunno why they would do that, but maybe they are stupid too? If not Apple themselves are these type of adverts some Ukrainian phishing trip or similar?

Yes, this time I AM ranting! Blame it on the good malt just imbibed.

Slippery_Pete
4th Jul 2017, 11:51
Glad you're enjoying a good single malt. Wish I could join you!

Pprune need to tighten up on their advertisers. Nothing to do with Apple, despite the scam website supposedly offering Apple products.

And yes, logging in to Pprune seems to fix my problem too. Just annoying.

The Green Goblin
5th Jul 2017, 00:39
This was driving me batty last night.

I fixed by:

Closing safari via double clicking the home button and swiping up.

Going to settings.

Open safari settings.

Clear clear history and website data.

Then go to advanced:

Open website data

Remove all website data.

When reopening safari make sure you open via a known link, else the previous pop up will repopulate website data and happen again. You will then need to redelete website data again.

This solved it for me.