PDA

View Full Version : Excel Airways Manager Flight Ops resignes

Obi Wan Kirk
13th Jul 2002, 07:54
Captain Mike O'Donovan resigned from position of Flight Ops manager a few days ago. Rumour is he's heading back to Air 2000. Does anyone know who is going to replace him and any company future developments?

jonny bandit
13th Jul 2002, 22:09
Obi Wan is probably right. Word on the street is that Mike X has been head hunted to spearhead the launch of the B-777 for My Travel.Com. His close links with Boeing are being utilised. There have been suggestions that he will supply a fully integrated Boeing rated training department.

Jonny

Smokie
14th Jul 2002, 13:50
Crossed wires me thinks ! A2000 is not My Travel.
So the burning question is, who is getting the 777s ?:confused:

Baggy
14th Jul 2002, 14:39
Actually I heard that since the AML contract has expired Thomas Cook is launching the 777 as a new fleet next spring when jmc rebrands to TCA UK.

Are the age old FCL promises to be made true ?

Hood
14th Jul 2002, 19:27
Most likely to get Airbus as German parent company orders for Condor and JMC . JMC are getting Lufthansa uniforms and SOP's this winter.

Only A Few More Seasons
14th Jul 2002, 23:20
He will be sadly missed by all at Excel - he has done an awful lot, not just for the Pilots but for everyone.

Uncle Gerry - will fill the shoes when MOD departs for warmer climates at least until a new D of Flt Ops is found - A very hard act to follow!

Any takers

Abbeville
16th Jul 2002, 10:36
I suppose it depends whether, or not, you have the correct type of support from further up the tree.