PDA

View Full Version : Backup plan other than Flight schools.

nashiam
27th Jun 2017, 13:11
Hi,
I've recently finished my secondary high school, and i wanted to try and get into the aviation world, My first option would be for trying out the Pilot's career, But as i know people say that it's not the best or just too expensive, so i wanted a backup carrier, I needed to know if there is any other good Aviation related work (I'm not asking for something that pays high, average salary is more than good :( ) Since my marks from secondary high school is around 65%, ik ik, it's pretty low.

Anyways, thanks!

EGPF
27th Jun 2017, 14:46
Seeing that you are based in Dubai, I am assuming you are a UAE national in which case you could apply for the Emirates cadet pilot scheme.

Here is the link:
Emirates Group Careers | Search & Apply (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/search-and-apply/209382)

yankee_alpha
27th Jun 2017, 15:38
You should consider a career as an air traffic controller. It doesn't require a degree and pays very well.

You could train to become an aircraft mechanic. There would be plenty of opportunities in aircraft maintenance and overhaul.

You could study law, or accounting or business or finance and enter the aircraft leasing industry which is huge and pays pretty well with experience.

You could study engineering and design aircraft and engines for the likes of Boeing, Airbus, Rolls Royce etc. Or you could get a job working in flight operations or technical services for an airline.

You could get a technical qualification and become a flight dispatcher.

MaverickPrime
27th Jun 2017, 22:22
Think very carefully about what you really want in life and once you've decided then go for it!

It takes time, dedication, experience, qualifications, connections and will power to build a good career in any sector, it's not as simple as falling back to plan B; rather it's a case of starting from scratch!

nashiam
29th Jun 2017, 17:25
Seeing that you are based in Dubai, I am assuming you are a UAE national in which case you could apply for the Emirates cadet pilot scheme.

Here is the link:
Emirates Group Careers | Search & Apply (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/search-and-apply/209382)

Sorry bro, I'm actually not a UAE National, Although i grew up in this country ;p

nashiam
29th Jun 2017, 17:27
I've heard becoming an air traffic controller, the selection process is quite difficult? Other than that I guess it will be law or business for me, any clue on what exactly am i supposed to do?