PDA

View Full Version : Boston Area?

Transsonic2000
25th Jun 2017, 01:26
Hi,

any folks on here from the Boston (Ma) area? Planning on spending about 2 to 3 weeks in the Boston area this summer and I'm looking for a flight school, FBO or flying club to get current again (flight review and instrument check IPC - it's been a couple of years since my last flight) and (ideally) to get some multi time as well. Any advise or recommendations greatly appreciated - thanks!

mannyrio
9th Jul 2017, 00:07
yes, i know 2 places, (1) Executive Flyers Aviation, good costumer service but little price
(2) East Coast Aero Club they are little chipper but very busy..Both locations is about 25 min from downtown boston at the same airport in bedford, ma

Transsonic2000
13th Jul 2017, 16:22
Hi mannyrio,

welcome to the forum and thanks for your advise! I did some research on the web and found a couple of places, but it's always difficult to tell if a place is good or not, based on the information provided by a homepage. If you're familiar with the Boston area, have you ever heard of Horizon Aviation? I believe the operate out of two different locations, but the main office is at the Norwood airport.

yxc94550
19th Jul 2017, 02:11
Horizon Aviation is great, I believe the main office is in PVD, but Norwood is about the same size.

Transsonic2000
23rd Jul 2017, 13:05
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate!