PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Airlines ?

The Cleaner
24th Jun 2017, 16:01
Anyone know anything about them. Apparently have 10 CS100's on order and we're planning to launch this year. Operating out of LCY. They have a website, LinkedIn & Fb which someone updates mainly with bombardier news but nothing else.
Has the business plan not come together? Has brexit scuppered them? Or just put on ice for the time being?

canberra97
24th Jun 2017, 16:12
They are more of a virtual airline and I can't honestly see them ever starting operations, and do they really have 10 CS100s on order, if so I think we would have heard more about it plus they announced that so called order way before the aircraft initially took to the skies and other airlines have since ordered them and are in service with those airlines.

The business plan seemed ok at the time of its inception and a lot has changed since then but looking forward I can't see the airline ever starting operations.

SWBKCB
24th Jun 2017, 16:23
do they really have 10 CS100s on order

Bombardier seem to think so :)

http://www.bombardier.com/content/dam/Websites/bombardiercom/supporting-documents/BA/Bombardier-Aerospace-20170331-CSeries-Program-Status-en.pdf

canberra97
24th Jun 2017, 16:27
That order with Bombardier is going to turn out like the VS Airbus A380 saga, it's never going to happen.

The Cleaner
24th Jun 2017, 16:32
I know BA has offloaded one of their A318's to titan maybe the all business class thing isn't working out. However, maybe that'll change now the CS100 can go direct to NY from LCY??

canberra97
24th Jun 2017, 17:14
But it hasn't actually been proven if a CS100 can actually fly between LCY and JFK non stop with a full payload including premium heavy seating plus baggage as the recent Bombardier flight was just a simulation flight.

Is the demand really there now at LCY for another airline to enter the JFK market considering that BA are now down to just 6 flights a week with just the single A318.

VickersVicount
24th Jun 2017, 19:02
it doesnt just need to be JFK. They could do Dubai, Moscow etc
Im sure its not the last we've heard of this. Could see BA swallow anything up if it ever came to fruition.

EK77WNCL
24th Jun 2017, 20:24
I think Oddysey might have a little more success with the CS100, as mentioned before, to places like Moscow, Dubai, Istanbul as well as East Coast US and canada. But I reckon a business heavy configuration would be more beneficial than a full business cabin. I'm being extremely rough here because I don't know the configuration of the CS100 but say Oddysey were to go for...

24J + 30Y (6 X 4 abreast J, 6 X 5 abreast Y) 54 pax
Or perhaps
9J/F + 16W + 25Y (9 X 3 abreast J/F, 4 X 4 abreast W, 5 X 5 abreast Y) 50 pax

To me it would seem that this kind of configuration would allow them to target a lot of different passengers and likely more able to sustain more than daily flights

Jerbourg
25th Jun 2017, 13:05
I messaged Odyssey a few months ago asking about start dates etc. - no reply.
I think it's a dead duck.

Cyrano
25th Jun 2017, 14:10
it doesnt just need to be JFK. They could do Dubai, Moscow etc
Im sure its not the last we've heard of this. Could see BA swallow anything up if it ever came to fruition.

But why would BA (or any other operator) want to put their trust in an utterly unproven startup that was looking for crowdfunding to get going, when if they wanted a C Series operator to fly on their behalf, there are a couple of established airlines with C Series on order who could contemplate wet-lease operations (Braathens, Privatair, etc)?

I vote for "dead duck".

canberra97
25th Jun 2017, 19:44
I also vote for 'dead duck' as noted in my previous posts.

I find it unbelievable that there are people who still believe in this 'virtual airline' and that it will actually start operations!

davidjohnson6
10th Nov 2017, 23:26
Has there been any news about Odyssey or is 'dead duck' as a label beginning to look increasingly appropriate ?

canberra97
11th Nov 2017, 07:38
You think the term dead duck is 'beginning to look increasingly appropriate'!

jmdavies86
5th May 2021, 14:08
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I thought it was best to ask here rather than starting a new one...

I'm not quite sure why but I just happened to take a look at Odyssey's website and noticed that it's had a bit of a makeover...(I would provide a link but I'm not allowed to post URLs until I've reached at least 10 posts).

Company still shows as 'Active' on Companies House, so does anyone know if they're still planning to launch at some point at all?

Whilst I know that demand for business travel is depressed right now due to the current restrictions, I'm wondering if it might be a good opportunity to exploit this option now, especially seeing as BA have disposed of their x2 A318s and scrapped the LCY-SNN-JFK-LCY services that they used to offer?