PDA

View Full Version : Armed Forces Day

Mixed Bitter
24th Jun 2017, 13:55
PM attends Armed Forces Day celebration in Liverpool.

Corbyn (government-in-waiting) plus others of his ilk attend CND gathering at Glastonbury.

Compare and contrast.

Chris Kebab
24th Jun 2017, 16:58
I enjoy living in a country where folks can pretty much do, and believe in, what they want - even if that extends to buying the Daily Mail:ok:

tmmorris
24th Jun 2017, 17:44
Of course. But one is also entitled to draw conclusions about character etc. from people's behaviour.

Basil
24th Jun 2017, 18:15

Corbyn (government-in-waiting) plus others of his ilk attend CND gathering at Glastonbury.

Compare and contrast.
Did he sing that international French song? :E

CK, agree.

JAVELINBOY
24th Jun 2017, 18:29
His choice, whatever he does it will not change my view of him, never get my vote.

Melchett01
24th Jun 2017, 18:30
Did he sing that international French song? :E

CK, agree.

I heard it was a heart-felt rendition of Serge Gainsbourg / Jane Birkins' 'Je T'aime ... Moi Non Plus' in a fit of dewy-eyed nostalgia back to that long hot summer with Diane

Pontius Navigator
24th Jun 2017, 19:23
A year back I met a Latvian. Told her Riga was one of our targets. She didn't understand why we would attack Riga and had no knowledge of the cold war, an event years before her birth.

Would those aged 35 been as aware of WW1 in 1943 had WW2 not occurred?

Dan Gerous
24th Jun 2017, 19:55

Compare and contrast.

So what. It hasn't changed my opinion of either of them.

mr fish
24th Jun 2017, 20:20
well, say what you like about Jeremy Corbyn, but he is a very brave man.
he deserves the George medal for sleeping with Diane Abbott.:yuk:

Melchett01
24th Jun 2017, 20:27
well, say what you like about Jeremy Corbyn, but he is a very brave man.
he deserves the George medal for sleeping with Diane Abbott.:yuk:

No, that just displays a lack of judgement and standards. It does, however, point to a degree of courage.

Stuart Sutcliffe
24th Jun 2017, 21:15
No, that just displays a lack of judgement and standards. It does, however, point to a degree of courage.
Courage, my 4rse, Melchie!

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
24th Jun 2017, 21:58
People do say once a person has had black there's no going back..... ;)

NEO

Wensleydale
25th Jun 2017, 08:34
There will be some on here who served in Germany at the end of the eighties with memories similar to mine..... my 8 month pregnant wife having to search for bombs under her car before driving. There is a politician who will NEVER get my vote.

Wander00
25th Jun 2017, 09:14
Well, if Comrade Corbyn became PM we would probably not have Armed Forces Day, it would become cuddly CND Day.

Basil
25th Jun 2017, 10:20
I heard it was a heart-felt rendition of Serge Gainsbourg / Jane Birkins' 'Je T'aime ... Moi Non Plus' in a fit of dewy-eyed nostalgia back to that long hot summer with Diane
Thanks a lot, Melchett! You have implanted an image in my brain which can never be erased! :ooh:

Melchett01
25th Jun 2017, 12:19
Thanks a lot, Melchett! You have implanted an image in my brain which can never be erased! :ooh:

Sorry Basil, but war is often a nasty business!

Danny42C
25th Jun 2017, 12:49
PN (#7),

..."A year back I met a Latvian. Told her Riga ....."

"There was a Young Lady from Riga,
Who Went for a Ride on a Tiger.
They finished the Ride
With the Lady Inside -
And a Smile on the Face of the Tiger !"

The Helpful Stacker
25th Jun 2017, 13:49
There will be some on here who served in Germany at the end of the eighties with memories similar to mine..... my 8 month pregnant wife having to search for bombs under her car before driving. There is a politician who will NEVER get my vote.

That's alright. You stick your cross next to Tory imbecile instead. Its so much better to vote for a party who are happy arming a current terrorist supporting nation state.

Or do you throw your vote away on UKIP, before marching off to Dover to shout across The Channel?

Saintsman
25th Jun 2017, 14:03
I worked for a short period for a large US company in the UK when it was Veterans Day. They wanted photos of all ex service men and women and presented them at a team meeting where everyone celebrated their service to their respective countries. It's the only place I have worked as a civvy where people came up and asked me what I did when I was in.

And on a similar note to Riga, my wife told me a few years ago that I was never in a war (we were talking about soldiers mind). I said what about the Cold War?

What was that? She replied.

It's not just the youngster that are unaware.

Shack37
25th Jun 2017, 14:16
Originally posed by NEO

People do say once a person has had black there's no going back..... http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Not true......ooops:eek:

charliegolf
25th Jun 2017, 14:54

A flight engineer at heart? (Go ugly early!):E

charliegolf
25th Jun 2017, 14:59
my wife told me a few years ago that I was never in a war (we were talking about soldiers mind). I said what about the Cold War?

What was that? She replied.

It's not just the youngster that are unaware.

My daughter, 32, knows the part I played...

Im not overstating it when I say there is only one word to describe this guy.... #legend
#topgun #raf #keepingtherussiansatbay #singlehandedly #helicopterking #superdad #superman ������ Happy Father's Day Col @charliegolf60

Something the posted on her instagram page. Some might call her brainwashed and/or biased, but I couldn't possibly comment...

CG

gr4techie
25th Jun 2017, 15:53
I didn't even know there was an Armed Forces Day.

The city centre where I was (pop. 774,100) had no signs of it what so ever.

Just another day.

I always thought the same about Op Telic and Herrick, the civilians going about their daily business were far removed and never knew it was happening.

ShotOne
26th Jun 2017, 07:31
As has been said, not in the US of A!

JC's Glasto visit makes clear that in the unlikely event the country has any money left at all after a year or two of his Marxist economic policy (name one instance where it's spelled other than financial disaster) military spending will be last priority. And while still on Glastonbury, JC Promised the organiser he'd get rid of Trident "as soon as possible,". Surely it's traditional to at least get elected before reneging on manifesto promises?

Finningley Boy
26th Jun 2017, 07:55
PN (#7),

..."A year back I met a Latvian. Told her Riga ....."

"There was a Young Lady from Riga,
Who Went for a Ride on a Tiger.
They finished the Ride
With the Lady Inside -
And a Smile on the Face of the Tiger !"

Did you compose that yourself Danny Boy?:ok: It certainly induced a chuckle!

As for Corbyn, oh and McDonnell as well, they clearly feel they are on a roll politically and will be buoyed by the reception at Glastonbury, no matter that McDonnell made sweeping accusation of murder. It does, however, also pull away the masks of political deception.;)

FB:)

Danny42C
26th Jun 2017, 13:44
FB,

Sadly, no - it's one of those good old 'uns that came to mind. As for Glastonbury, I hope it buckets down on the place !