PDA

View Full Version : First civilian helicopters

Chris Pochari
24th Jun 2017, 03:43
When did helicopters become widely used in civilian applications like air medical, logging, construction and charter?.
What I'm looking for is a history of the civilian helicopter industry. Since our industry is niche there isn't much information.

Thanks, Chris Pochari

Bravo73
24th Jun 2017, 08:11
Have a read of the Alan Bristow biography: https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Alan-Bristow-Helicopter-Pioneer-Hardback/p/2085

There's lots in there about the early civvie helicopter industry. Whaling and crop spraying particularly.

Fareastdriver
24th Jun 2017, 08:27
Straight from Wiki.

The Bell 47 is a single rotor single engine light helicopter manufactured by Bell Helicopter. Based on the third Bell 30 prototype, the company's first helicopter designed by Arthur M. Young, the 47 became the first helicopter certified for civilian use on 8 March 1946.

Jimmy.
26th Jun 2017, 20:04
Not exactly about the first civilian helicopters operations, but you'll find a lot of interesting information about the helicopter development and the begining of the industry.

Bravo73
26th Jun 2017, 23:00
Thanks, I just torrented the book

I don't think that the author will be pleased to hear that. He is (or was) a regular poster on here.

Chris Pochari
26th Jun 2017, 23:08
My friend gave me link but I bought the hardcopy as well, I just downloaded the free ebook online. I'll give the author the online link so he can take it down.

Chris Pochari
26th Jun 2017, 23:12
Z-Library single sign on (http://book4you.org/book/2159164/edcca7) Some guy uploaded it here. here's the link, you can request that the uploader take the book down.
go to DMCA and click [email protected] to have the book taken down by copywrite agents. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this site, you may notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement.

Chris Pochari
28th Jun 2017, 01:05
no need to get worried, i bought the hard copy fare and square.