PDA

View Full Version : HK GFS

mattvin
24th Jun 2017, 00:55
As Title:

Has anyone applied and got an invitation from them?.

mattvin
27th Jun 2017, 02:22
To be more specific, the cadet program that they are offering?. I didn't specify on the title because i thought this department is specific to Cadet Program in South Asia and far east.

swonder
27th Jun 2017, 10:57
I cannot find such info on their website.
Are they still accepting applications?
Btw, is it the cadet program for aeroplane or helicopter?

mattvin
30th Jun 2017, 15:31
The application deadline ended about 2 monthish ago.

aarenlam
14th Jul 2017, 02:09
I have received an email from GFS today telling me have a written examination on 29 July. Anyone also?

LubeSlywalker
14th Jul 2017, 03:09
Just received an invitation to written exam to be held 2 weeks later! :ok:

14 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your application for the post of Cadet Pilot in the Government Flying Service.

You are invited to attend a written examination which consists of three parts and contains multiple-choice questions: Part I: Technical Questions, Part II: Matrix Test (assessment on general intelligence, observation, analytical power, general technical knowledge) and Part III: Basic Law Test (assessment on knowledge on Basic Law) (optional). Details of the examination are given below:

Date: 29 July 2017 (Saturday)

Examination Time:
Part I [Redacted: 50 minutes]
Part II [Redacted: 35 minutes]
Part III [Redacted: 25 minutes] (optional)

Candidate No.: [Redacted]

Venue: [Redacted]

Centre No.: [Redacted]

Seat No.: [Redacted]

The examination will only be held on the scheduled date and time. Due to limited seats in each examination centre, requests for change of examination centre will NOT be entertained. The Presiding Invigilator may refuse to admit any candidate who has gone to a wrong centre. You MUST therefore attend the examination at the time and place specified above. Late comers will NOT be allowed to attend the examination.

For the examination, it is most important that you note the following points –

(a) You MUST bring along a printed copy of this invitation email and your Hong Kong Identity Card (or Passport if Passport No. is reported in the application form) for identity verification and arrive at the examination centre 15 minutes before the scheduled time. Candidates who fail to bring the aforementioned documents will NOT be allowed to attend the examination.

(b) You MUST print your invitation email on BLANK paper, which does not have any other words, drawings or pictures (Note: Recycled paper is NOT accepted.). You must NOT mark the printed copy of the invitation email with any writing or drawing both before and during the examination. Otherwise, the invitation email may be confiscated and you may be DISQUALIFIED.

(c) You MUST bring your own stationery which will NOT be supplied at the examination centre. The stationery should include but not limited to HB pencils and erasers for filling in the answer sheet(s).

(d) NO calculator, electronic communication device of any kind including but not limited to mobile phone, tablet, PDA, Bluetooth headset, pager, MP3 player, smartphone, electronic dictionary, databank watch and smart watch with mobile applications installed or wireless technologies supported and portable computer is allowed to use during the examination.

In preparation for the examination, you should study carefully the “Guidance Notes on Written Examination” at Annex I which can be downloaded from the link below.

Link: https://www3.hkeaa.edu.hk/downloadAttachment.htm

Username: [Redacted]

Password: [Redacted]

For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, the written examination will include a paper for assessing candidates’ knowledge on BL. Please refer to Annex II which can be downloaded from the same link for the details of the BL test. If you have attended the BL test arranged by other recruiting bureaux/departments or the one centrally administered by Civil Service Bureau and wish to use the previous test result for this recruitment exercise, you MUST follow the instructions stipulated in Annex II by submitting the completed Option Form at Appendix together with your previous test notification letter to us by fax (Fax No. [Redacted]), by email (Email Address: [Redacted]) or by post (Address: 18 South Perimeter Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong) on or before 20 July 2017. If you return the Option Form by post, please ensure that sufficient postage is paid to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mail. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post.

Please also note that your qualifications are still being assessed to determine whether you meet the entry requirements. The invitation to the examination does not imply your eligibility for appointment to the post of Cadet Pilot. If you are found suitable, your eventual appointment will be subject to the confirmation that your qualifications meet the entry requirements.

You are advised to note that the examination is part of the recruitment procedures. Failing to attend will result in processing of your application being terminated.

Please do not reply to this email as it comes from an automated mailbox. If you have problems in accessing the above link/downloading the documents or enquiries about the location of the examination centre, please contact the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority at [Redacted] (then key in the quick reference codes 1 followed by 9). For other enquiries, please contact us at [Redacted] or by email to [Redacted].

Yours faithfully,
([Redacted])
for Controller, Government Flying Service

LubeSlywalker
14th Jul 2017, 05:51
In case you are wondering, the download link has nothing of use other than more rules and regulations:

1. Annex I - Cadet Pilot 2017_Guidance Notes on Written Examination.pdf 142.83 KB
2. Annex II - Cadet Pilot 2017_Information about Basic Law Test.pdf 105.03 KB
3. Appendix - Cadet Pilot 2017_BL Option Form.pdf 103.81 KB

KupoMog
15th Jul 2017, 14:15
Anyone know if there is a Chinese test anywhere along the way? The requirements does not mention Chinese, but all Government jobs now require a Chinese test?

tonyy
15th Jul 2017, 14:50
Just received an invitation to written exam to be held 2 weeks later! :ok:

Do you know what will be tested in part 1: Technical question
I heard that only basic physics and math will be tested, but not any aeronautical knowledge.
Is that true?

tonyy
15th Jul 2017, 18:47
Hi LubeSkywalker,

For part 1:Technical Questions, do you know if any aeronautical knowledge will be tested?

LubeSlywalker
16th Jul 2017, 13:15
Do you know what will be tested in part 1: Technical question
I heard that only basic physics and math will be tested, but not any aeronautical knowledge.
Is that true?
Since you are from Hong Kong, I suggest you searching local forums for your answer. From what I have seen so far, the answer is no aeronautical knowledge required.

tonyy
22nd Aug 2017, 16:33
Hello guys :)

Do anyone receive the invitation email from GFS regarding the preliminary interview?
It would be great if we can form a study group. :)

WingsAir
23rd Aug 2017, 08:54
hey does anyone know if they send you an email or does it come by post??
asking for a friend... cheers
also just wondering if anyone has gotten the invitation for the 2nd stage after the basic law one?

iknow147963
4th Sep 2017, 13:07
I got the 2nd stage, wanna make a study group?

a370
9th Sep 2017, 17:09
GFS is a feeder airline for HKA or HKE. Good look.

TobyMa
11th Oct 2017, 01:45
Is there any study group now?

KupoMog
13th Oct 2017, 17:31
Anyone know if the aptitude test is a combined score for the sections or each section has a pass mark? I did something very stupid in one of the tests...

TobyMa
22nd Oct 2017, 14:53
Kupo what did u do in that part?

isacstc
29th Oct 2017, 05:09
Hi guys,

i will have my gfs leadership assessment in end of Nov 2017, please contact me if you are going to have it and we can practice together.
email: [email protected]
telegram:@isacstc

leokenkobi
12th Dec 2018, 16:20
Hi guys,

i will have my gfs leadership assessment in Jan 2018, please contact me if you are going to have it and we can practice together.

Bovitz852
2nd Aug 2019, 05:23
Hey there, I just got my Email for the 2019 cadet program and I was wondering if you could give me any studying tips for the stage one exam "Part I: Technical Questions, Part II: Matrix Test (assessment on general intelligence, observation, analytical power, general technical knowledge) and Part III: Basic Law Test (assessment on knowledge on Basic Law)" I have two weeks to get some extra studying in and would love the help! Cheers, B

smm841
28th Aug 2020, 12:28
Hey there, I just got my Email for the 2019 cadet program and I was wondering if you could give me any studying tips for the stage one exam "Part I: Technical Questions, Part II: Matrix Test (assessment on general intelligence, observation, analytical power, general technical knowledge) and Part III: Basic Law Test (assessment on knowledge on Basic Law)" I have two weeks to get some extra studying in and would love the help! Cheers, B

Hey have you been through the assessments already? if so would love to get in touch with you phone number: 5480 7219

joblessPilot
1st Sep 2020, 23:13
Hey, can anyone give share any detail on those 3 exams? Are they hard? What's in the matrix test? Is it like the one on skytest?

last3xile
31st Oct 2020, 10:39
Have exam Nov 14.
Not sure where to start to study and prep.
any Help is appreciated.

joblessPilot
31st Oct 2020, 11:15
Hey, what's your candidate number? I am 7XX. I want to work out roughly how many applied. Is your examination at a high school in Kowloon?

last3xile
31st Oct 2020, 11:21
Hey, what's your candidate number? I am 7XX. I want to work out roughly how many applied. Is your examination at a high school in Kowloon?

same. And yes.

joblessPilot
31st Oct 2020, 12:24
Are you going to do the basic law exam?

last3xile
31st Oct 2020, 14:02
Are you going to do the basic law exam?

yessirr
or ma'am.

im not local to hk.. So I dont know where to study basic law...

and I have no idea what to cover for the technical +matrix .. Do you have any idea?

joblessPilot
1st Nov 2020, 08:22
Yeah same I not from here as well. So no idea on how to study the basic law. I'm almost halfway through my 2 weeks quarantine. As for the technical and matrix, I have no idea what to study that as well. It could be anything. Sorry, can't be much help bud. I'm also going in blind in the examination.

Lesliewww
1st Nov 2020, 15:14
I am having the exam on 14/11 as well. But it would be held in Kln Bay. My candidate no. Is 5XX. Do you guys have any ideas for the tests?

kendawg
3rd Nov 2020, 02:41
Candidate number 20XX, 14/11 new territories ! Looking for ideas too !

wobuini
4th Nov 2020, 06:58
I'm having my exam on the 14th as well somewhere in Kowloon. Candidate number is 23XX

louisejensenhk
20th Sep 2022, 16:19
I saw your conversion on Professional Pilot Network for GFS Hong Kong.

I have the initial examination coming up, Oct. 2022 and people wrote about study groups/asking for additional resources. Did you ever receive any information? I’m curious about the technical and matrix part of the exam? What would I need to study and prepare for that?

CalCal
28th Sep 2022, 15:44
I saw your conversion on Professional Pilot Network for GFS Hong Kong.

I have the initial examination coming up, Oct. 2022 and people wrote about study groups/asking for additional resources. Did you ever receive any information? I’m curious about the technical and matrix part of the exam? What would I need to study and prepare for that?
hi mate, i will be sitting the exam on 4 OCT, same as yours?