PDA

View Full Version : Acting DFO

Starbear
23rd Jun 2017, 09:35
Small prayer that her absence might be permanent after today's news? But stand in actor will only be playing a bit part after many struggles with Swire princelet courses.

BlunderBus
23rd Jun 2017, 20:42
'Acting' is right .. on both counts

flyboy007
24th Jun 2017, 00:45
I would guess there's a strong correlation between; the timing of the DFO's absence, the implementation date of the new approved "management" structure, and the ever present rumour (or stronger) that the CAD didn't approve the initial run at the new "management" structure, due to there being too many non-pilot "managers" in the FOP hierarchy.

Trafalgar
24th Jun 2017, 01:52
Just wondering if this epic period of chaos, incompetence and destruction is finally being addressed.... :sad:.

Starbear
24th Jun 2017, 03:58
I would guess there's a strong correlation between; the timing of the DFO's absence, the implementation date of the new approved "management" structure, and the ever present rumour (or stronger) that the CAD didn't approve the initial run at the new "management" structure, due to there being too many non-pilot "managers" in the FOP hierarchy.
I suspect nail, head, hammer, on, you have it just right.

hyg
24th Jun 2017, 06:18

not just non pilots, also non engineering qualified....apparently the new guy in charge of engineering doesn't have an engineering degree, rumour was CAD is not impressed with both of the safety sensitive departments to be run by non qualified people

crwkunt roll
24th Jun 2017, 13:08
They've all got degrees in cost cutting I bet.
Yep.
And now she's off to get her PhD.

Max Reheat
26th Jun 2017, 03:42
Yep.

And all this, at the start of HPE, when one would think her presence is vital (at least from a Company perspective); am I alone in seeing a Machiavellian plot here?

Flex88
26th Jun 2017, 07:04
NOPE:suspect::suspect:

Yonosoy Marinero
27th Jun 2017, 03:28
rumour was CAD is not impressed with both of the safety sensitive departments to be run by non qualified people

But.. but... I thought a being a product of the Swire training gave you complete and absolute knowledge over all of God's creation, along with the ability to look into the future (with the minor exception of oil prices) and the ability to cure cancer?

And all this, at the start of HPE, when one would think her presence is vital

When has her presence been vital for anything? She's done nothing but say 'no' through a pretty smile ever since she's taken the job.
Nothing, absolutely nothing has changed in flight ops since she's here...:

CC, TB, EFB, CMP, HKPA, RP, ARAPA, Bases?
Nada, zilch, squat, rien, status quo...

Trafalgar
27th Jun 2017, 04:06
Yes, and epic record of accomplishment. Don't understand why we aren't the BEST airline on earth. :confused:

Arfur Dent
27th Jun 2017, 11:49
"Pretty smile"!!???
Thing is, while she's away, will anyone notice…..

Strewth
28th Jun 2017, 02:53
Yes, and epic record of accomplishment. Don't understand why we aren't the BEST airline on earth.

Third class May 1991, student pilot June 1991, its epic; but theirs your problem, good luck with HBS or Kellogg.

spleener
28th Jun 2017, 14:35
Yep.

Nah... C'mon it's Summer School Holidays. Surely you have that off as well?

And, 'Have a great Weekend!"
:ugh: