PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed - passport from Hamilton Island to Ayers Rock/Kununurra/Darwin

pummel
22nd Jun 2017, 06:56
Hi There,

To cut a long story short I am currently ferrying a plane from Gold Coast to Singapore via Hamilton Island, Ayers Rock, Kununurra and Darwin. I have my family along for the Australia leg, and poor dad has forgotten his passport in Hamilton Island. Best estimate for postage to Darwin is after we leave next Wednesday. Are there any pilots going between Hamilton Island and Either Kununurra, Tenants Creek, Alice Springs, Darwin or nearby airports who would be willing to help transport 2 passports? We will obviously generously cover expenses, and if you are ever in Singapore plenty of beers too!

Please DM me if you can help - it would be very much appreciated,

Alex

Nigel Osborn
22nd Jun 2017, 07:46
I'm not familiar with the postal system in Hamilton but surely an "overnight" satchel leaving Friday would get there Monday or Tu:ok:esday.

Berealgetreal
22nd Jun 2017, 10:07
Express Courier DHL or something similar. Ask one of the QF/JQ guys to post in Qroom. Virgin has a forum but not many on it. Good luck.

Goat Whisperer
22nd Jun 2017, 11:19
Go to airport, ask a Virgin pilot.

tail wheel
22nd Jun 2017, 19:51
TOLL, TNT, Australia Post and Fastway Couriers are all quoting Hamilton Island pick ups and two days to Darwin.

pummel
23rd Jun 2017, 02:34
Thanks all for your suggestions so far... unfortunately while a few couriers are quoting 2 day delivery since today is a PH in Hamilton Island apparently this clock starts ticking Monday...

gerry111
23rd Jun 2017, 12:54
Thanks all for your suggestions so far... unfortunately while a few couriers are quoting 2 day delivery since today is a PH in Hamilton Island apparently this clock starts ticking Monday...

But aren't you planning to depart Darwin on Wednesday? A two day delivery may perhaps incur another night or two there?

A First World Problem, I reckon.

Berealgetreal
24th Jun 2017, 05:24
What did you go with mate?

allthecoolnamesarego
24th Jun 2017, 09:27
But aren't you planning to depart Darwin on Wednesday? A two day delivery may perhaps incur another night or two there?

A First World Problem, I reckon.

I don't think pummel was after glib remarks about 1st world problems, s/he was just asking for help. If you can't help, hold off on the judgments. :ok:

I seems as if pummel had looked at all the options and thought a quick shout out for assistance might do the trick.

Hope it all worked out.