PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Airlines

gogga1
22nd Jun 2017, 05:53
Hi guys/girls.

I see that Mesa Airlines are willing to take Aussies on E3 Visas on their latest FO advertisement.
Anyone working for Mesa Airlines at the moment that can share some information, good or bad, about the company? I’m especially keen to hear from Australians that made the move over on the E3 Visa?

Thanks in Advance

zondaracer
22nd Jun 2017, 11:00
SkyWest also accepts pilots with an e3 visa. Night and day difference in companies between Mesa and SkyWest.

gogga1
22nd Jun 2017, 11:46
Having a read through “The Aussies are coming” thread it seems like SkyWest, Envoy and Mesa make the E3 Visa route possible.

I would like to know how the Aussie guys get past the Social Security Number on the online application as it is mandatory to fill in and you can’t proceed with your application without it. Being Aussie I obviously don’t have a SSN so cant complete my online applications.
I might just use the recruitment email details on Pilot Career Center to get in touch with the recruiters directly.

zondaracer
22nd Jun 2017, 11:49
I have a friend who is a recruiter at SkyWest. Let me send him an email and ask. Maybe another Aussie can chime in.

gogga1
22nd Jun 2017, 12:02
I have a friend who is a recruiter at SkyWest. Let me send him an email and ask. Maybe another Aussie can chime in.

What a legend :D

Cheers mate.

bafanguy
22nd Jun 2017, 12:54
If the target regional uses airlineapps.com, they have a support function where they might be able to answer about the SS#:

https://www.airlineapps.com/support/

havick
22nd Jun 2017, 16:12
Having a read through “The Aussies are coming” thread it seems like SkyWest, Envoy and Mesa make the E3 Visa route possible.

I would like to know how the Aussie guys get past the Social Security Number on the online application as it is mandatory to fill in and you can’t proceed with your application without it. Being Aussie I obviously don’t have a SSN so cant complete my online applications.
I might just use the recruitment email details on Pilot Career Center to get in touch with the recruiters directly.

Envoy doesn't do the E3 Visa however Piedmont does.

Mesa is the bottom of the barrel, run as far as you can. Go Skywest or Piedmont.

peekay4
23rd Jun 2017, 06:05
Envoy doesn't do the E3 Visa however Piedmont does.
Envoy has used E3 visas in the past, with at least two E3 petitions filed within the past year.

havick
23rd Jun 2017, 20:54
Envoy has used E3 visas in the past, with at least two E3 petitions filed within the past year.

Since November they have denied it. Basically the union has put the kybosh on the E3 Visa. I would've had about 100+ referral bonuses otherwise

bafanguy
23rd Jun 2017, 20:59
Since November they have denied it. Basically the union has put the kybosh on the E3 Visa. I would've had about 100+ referral bonuses otherwise

havick,

Did the company offer any reason for their change of heart ? And...you found that level of interest among your (100+) countrymen ?

If Envoy isn't now available to them, are they applying to other US regionals ?

havick
24th Jun 2017, 05:06
havick,

Did the company offer any reason for their change of heart ? And...you found that level of interest among your (100+) countrymen ?

If Envoy isn't now available to them, are they applying to other US regionals ?

Yes there is definitely that level of interest for the likes of the wholly owned companies but not bottom feeder companies like Mesa.

As for Envoy they have their reasons for not accepting E3 applicants, it's not for me to publicly reveal. However other wholly owned AA regionals are hiring E3 applicants.

bafanguy
24th Jun 2017, 11:57
As for Envoy they have their reasons for not accepting E3 applicants, it's not for me to publicly reveal.

Aaaaw, come on..you can tell us. We won't tell anyone ! ;-)

zondaracer
24th Jun 2017, 13:13

So the SkyWest application is done through their website and I could not find anywhere that asked for the SSN. SkyWest does not use the airlineapps website for applications.

A Squared
24th Jun 2017, 17:28
Hi guys/girls.

I see that Mesa Airlines are willing to take Aussies on E3 Visas on their latest FO advertisement.
Anyone working for Mesa Airlines at the moment that can share some information, good or bad, about the company? I’m especially keen to hear from Australians that made the move over on the E3 Visa?

Thanks in Advance

I would think long and hard before applying to Mesa. They are just about the bottom of the barrel.

Just as a single example, it is the airline which made the "Mesa Board" famous. What is the Mesa Board you ask? Well, excellent question. The Mesa Board is a piece of plywood which is as wide as the seat length of a 1900, and long enough to span the aisle of a 1900. It's just a little too big to conveniently stow inside of a legal carry-on suitcase, so it is pretty obvious if a pilot is carrying one. They existed because Mesa would schedule their crews for a late arrival and early departure at an outstation, but would not provide a hotel room, because technically, the flight did fell within the 121 duty time limits, so wasn't an "overnight" even though they were remaining at the outstation overnight by the dictionary definition of "overnight". The pilots would make and carry these pieces of plywood so that they could sleep in the airplanes, stretched out across the aisle.

I don't know if this is still the practice, likely not. But ask yourself; do you want to work for an operator who formerly treated it's aircrew like that? They may have been forced to improve some conditions, but has their fundamental philosophy on how employees should be treated changed?

Amadis of Gaul
25th Jun 2017, 00:30
I would think long and hard before applying to Mesa. They are just about the bottom of the barrel.

Just as a single example, it is the which made the "Mesa Board" famous. What is the Mesa Board you ask? Well, excellent question. The Mesa Board is a piece of plywood which is as wide as the seat length of a 1900, and long enough to span the aisle of a 1900. It's just a little too big to conveniently stow inside of a legal carry-on suitcase, so it is pretty obvious if a is carrying one. They existed because Mesa would schedule their crews for a late arrival and early departure at an outstation, but would not provide a hotel room, because technically, the did fell within the 121 duty time limits, so wasn't an "overnight" even though they were remaining at the outstation overnight by the dictionary definition of "overnight". The would make and carry these pieces of plywood so that they could sleep in the s, stretched out across the aisle.

I don't know if this is still the practice, likely not. But ask yourself; do you want to work for an operator who formerly treated it's like that? They may have been forced to improve some conditions, but has their fundamental philosophy on how employees should be treated changed?

For one thing, they no longer have 1900s, so I doubt the practice persists.

havick
25th Jun 2017, 07:34
For one thing, they no longer have 1900s, so I doubt the practice persists.

Mesa does hire by txt now

gogga1
27th Jun 2017, 08:29
Thanks for each and everyone for your input and advice. I have few leads to follow up.