PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with FAA CFI MEI in Asia for BFR?

flyhigh07
21st Jun 2017, 16:14
I am looking for FAA Flight Instructor based in Asia preferably in Philippine,Thailand or anywhere nearby.. I am looking for MEI to do my Biannual Flight review (BFR) and Instrument proficiency check(IPC) in a multi engine, if you know someone please comment or PM me. Thanks

Droste
25th Jun 2017, 09:57
Thailand
It is not difficult to do FAA BFR or IPC. But, many people forgotten about Malaysia and Singapore!

Malaysia
Forget doing it in all AFTO.
Air Adventure Flying Club Subang (AAFC) used to have one who can do it and he used to sign off for FAA BFR. Not sure for now. If I am not mistaken, he is a Malaysian.

Singapore
There are a few who can sign off FAA BFR and IPC. So far, about five to six people (all English speaking Singaporeans and 3 of them are in this PPRuNe forum) can sign off for BFR (in Single Engine Airplane) and only four out of the six can sign-off for IPC.

Probably, one in Flightschool.sg. Director of WOA definitely can do it. The Chief Pilot of DFC (An Indian) can do it but I am not sure where is he now after DFC shut. Two ex-RSAF Pilots used to sign-off for IPC in the Year 2012 and one of them is a CPT rank from SYFC.

In Malaysia and Singapore, it is very rare to see a CFII and/or MEI but not difficult. If you meet one, get hold of their number and email address.

As for the flying clubs in Malaysia and Singapore, having a FAA CFI or CFII in a flying club is definitely a bonus.

macumba
13th Jul 2017, 04:03
I have contact for you in thailand. Pm me

devined12
15th Jul 2017, 04:37
Hey @Droste : email me david.devine127 (at) gmail (dot) com

Would like to chat with you about low hour flight jobs in Asia.

My messaging on this forum does not work I have tried to get in touch with you previously

bkimo_s
17th Jul 2017, 08:38
Someone can provide me a CFI contact for an FAA multi-engine BFR and IPC in philippine , thailand or somewhere in asia ?

typhoonpilot
18th Jul 2017, 00:32
Interesting thread/question. I am a current FAA CFI-AIM who lives in the area. Haven't done any instructing in awhile though. Would one need to have a local validation or are you using N registered airplanes?

bkimo_s
23rd Jul 2017, 14:42
did someone found a cfi for multi-engine bfr and ipc???

baronial58
29th Aug 2017, 04:35
anyone able/willing to give me contacts for someone who can give me a single engine BFR? Never thought it would be so difficult to achieve in this part of the world.

Captain Stravaigin
31st Aug 2017, 04:14
Interesting thread/question. I am a current FAA CFI-AIM who lives in the area. Haven't done any instructing in awhile though. Would one need to have a local validation or are you using N registered airplanes?

We have an N Reg 172 at Air Adventure in Kuala Lumpur

shenryhughes
12th Sep 2017, 09:37
If anybody has found a CFI in southeast asia who can do a BFR then please also email me at sonaragleener (at) gmail (dot) com

Priyaseth
21st Dec 2023, 18:40
Hi i am looking for a faa cfii in thailand/asia for faa ipc.

Please let me know its urgent.

Thanks