PDA

View Full Version : TAFE SA

feetonthedash
21st Jun 2017, 01:03
Anyone know whats going on with TAFE SA and its CASA engineering approvals.
I have mates losing exam credits and having licence problems with CASA?
:mad::mad:

Hasherucf
21st Jun 2017, 03:14
check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/aircraftcontractorsau/

Plenty of talk about it there.

feetonthedash
23rd Jun 2017, 03:19
Thanks Hasherucf

How could this happen in this day and age.
What a disaster especially for poor apprentices
Heads should roll over this :\:\:\:\:\:\

Hasherucf
23rd Jun 2017, 09:18
No one cares on this forum until aircraft get grounded

Pinky the pilot
23rd Jun 2017, 11:39
I did all my CPL subjects at Parafield TAFE back in the early 80`s and later the ATPL subjects (1990) as well.

Way back then, Parafield TAFE had a reputation as a top notch place to do all the Theory subjects.:ok: They had excellent lecturers (Bob S being one) who actually made the subjects interesting, and in the case of Bob S, he would hand out his private phone number (which was unlisted btw) to all of his students on each course, with the comment that no matter what the time of day/night, if you were stuck with something whilst studying at home you were to ring him!:ooh:

And from what we heard then, the blokes doing the AME courses also had good lecturers and the same advantages and courtesies extended to them.

Things change of course, and quite often not for the better!:(

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I did all my CPL subjects, the only charge was a $5 administration fee per subject!:eek:

My ATPL theory was not so cheap however. Just over $600 if memory serves correctly.:(

Does Parafield TAFE still exist?:confused: I know that the old buildings disappeared many years ago. Somehow, I suspect a great institution of Aviation theory did likewise.:{