PDA

View Full Version : BA Sponsorship

Scream1
18th Jan 2001, 15:40
I have an enquiry about the BA sponsorship. I curently live in Oz and i'm wondering if it will be possible to get in through the sponsorship scheme. I want to do it as soon as i live school. I will have a ppl when i leave school.

Would it be possible to convert this ppl?
Also Oz has a completely different education system than the uk, when you finish school you're given marks out of 100 in all the subjects and then they get summed up.
Would it also be possible to convert my school marks??
Or do you have to conver it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Scream1

Startup
18th Jan 2001, 15:42
Gday mate. you need the right to live and work in the UK in order to apply to BA.

Scream1
18th Jan 2001, 16:04
Startup,

I know you need to get the right to work and live in the uk. Though can u pleas answer my original question??
I'm desperate to know as i'm thinking of applying for the BA sponsorhsip after leaving school.

Regards,
Scream1

[This message has been edited by Scream1 (edited 18 January 2001).]

Perfect PFL
18th Jan 2001, 16:34
I take it you have a UK passport then? Which means you would be eligible for the scheme.
As for the school stuff, BA want 2 a-levels, or equivalent (as far as I remember), so I can't see it being a problem if your education there is equivalent to a-level standard here.
Obviously you would have to come over here to go through the selection process, but I suppose that goes without saying.
I'm sure your PPL, when you've got it, would not be hard to convert for use here, but BA don't want people to have a PPL to apply for the sponsorship scheme.
Also I believe you have to be at least 18 to apply for the scheme.
If you wanted to convert your marks you get at school to the grades we have here, then:
75 + = A
65 - 75 = B
55 to 65 = C
45 to 55 = D

approximately, from what I can remember. Also depends how your exams are rated against are exams.
I think BA ask for 2 a-levels grade C or above, so if you can get an average of over 60 then I guess you'll be ok.

Anything else?

Scream1
18th Jan 2001, 17:02
Perfect Pfl,

Thanks very much for you're help.
Though there is one more question. When i finish school,will i able to apply for the scheme while living in Oz,or do i have to move to the uk and apply?
Is it hard to get th permit to live and work in the uk?

Is there anyone from Oz who did the BA Sponsorship???
If there is please help me???

Rgeards,
Scream1

[This message has been edited by Scream1 (edited 18 January 2001).]

Lucifer
18th Jan 2001, 20:29
You can get in with a PPL, and quite a few hours on top as well, just not too many. I believe that although it takes a long time to get UK citizenship, it is not too hard to get the right to live and work here, as several of my friends are from outside the EU, and have no problem. Enguire at a British consulate, but I'm sure you will not have to be living here when you actually apply.