PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Air International

Shutdownatpl
19th Jun 2017, 10:29
Hello Folks,

Fleet Air international offering freelance contract to fly their SAAB 340 and ATR42.

The issue is self funding Type rating. Worth a risk for freelance work?

Anyone already flying for the company, would like to hear from you! Terms, conditions etc..

P40Warhawk
19th Jun 2017, 20:08
Then if you do it, then ATR. Saab is a Dead TR. But I would not risk it unless they pay good.

Shutdownatpl
4th Jul 2017, 12:03
anyone been in contact with Fleet air international? maybe present pilots could respond? thank you!

Michael S
4th Jul 2017, 14:16
I didn't work for the but I do work with guys who had a pleasure to get this experience. None of them had anything good to say about FA. This is basically rock bottom of the aviation work spectrum.
If you are looking for something suitable to beginners there are much better options.

You can try Airest or Sprintair. Those should give you some sort of quality. In addition Sprintair is paying for TR and bonding you for one.

Shutdownatpl
4th Jul 2017, 22:26
Thank you for reply!

Jimmy69
7th Aug 2017, 17:30
I have been in contact with Fleet Air, they recommended Aviacom for Saab 340 type rating. 20.000 EUR :-(.....honestly, this is really too much for a type rating on a "hardly used" aircraft....

CommutingPilot
19th Sep 2018, 07:37
Fleet Air International is an absolute "no apply / no go" airline. Very unreliable roster, management never keep promises, ****ty salary, worst working conditions. Since last 2017 December 6 out of 10 FOs left. If you are desperate to fly on SAAB 340, than Sprint Air, Air Est or Loganair. Any of them are much better!!!