PDA

View Full Version : FBO software and the like..

Izg2
16th Jun 2017, 03:01
Hello All, I am not a pilot. My brother is. He is currently helping out with an older gentleman's charter business while he goes through chemo. The guy he is helping is a pen and paper and one spreadsheet guy. He only has 3 planes and one of them is currently down for a rebuild. My brother is trying to update the company to the digital era and was looking after software and services. As I am a programmer he asked me, but I have no experience in this market. So I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the following:
A. Is there an FBO software out there that doesn't require a certification to upload data to and use?
B. Is there a market place or software for looking for new charter business? Because I dont think the guy he is helping has ever even looked for a new customer....
C. Is there anything you recommend or recommend avoiding?

Appreciate any feedback in advance.
Thanks

G0ULI
17th Jun 2017, 23:07
With such a limited operation is computerising everything really viable? Problem with computers is all the faffing around with backups and the like. Shoving a couple of books in a fireproof safe at the end of the day may well be much more cost effective.

I would consider that you would need to be running half a dozen aircraft to make a computerised system worthwhile. By that time you would probably need to have a full time secretary to deal with all the admin stuff and deal with calls and customer enquiries.