PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Air Canada Pilots

Jack_02
15th Jun 2017, 22:58
Hello all

I just have a quick question for any Air Canada mainline pilots out there.
For all the pilots on the fleet that are flown to Europe, around how much time do you spend in Europe each year and how long did it take you to become an FO on the international fleet of aircraft?

Thanks for any and all responses, I look forward to reading them.

21st Jun 2017, 15:39
Hi there, at Air Canada all wide bodies fly to Europe

B767,787,777 and A330 and even the A319 on one route

The typical layover is around 24 hours at AC mainline and 48hrs at AC Rouge, due to the non-daily frequency to those destinations (some are 24 some 72hrs)

As to how long it takes to "get there"..... With Air Canada Rouge, our seniority list has been highly fragmented, meaning that traditionally senior positions are now new hire positions (AC Rouge B767), and all other wide body positions go far more junior now than in the past.

A couple of years in and holding WB mainline positions will be the norm.

Hope this helps, lots of hiring in the future.....

Amadis of Gaul
25th Jun 2017, 00:39
Hello all

I just have a quick question for any Air Canada mainline pilots out there.
For all the pilots on the fleet that are flown to Europe, around how much time do you spend in Europe each year and how long did it take you to become an FO on the international fleet of aircraft?

Out of curiosity, why are you asking? You have offers from nine different airlines (including AC) and your decision hangs on time spent in Europe?

Longtimer
26th Jun 2017, 01:11
Out of curiosity, why are you asking? You have offers from nine different airlines (including AC) and your decision hangs on time spent in Europe?

I guess he is interested in working for a Premier Airline like AirCanada rather than some of the others.
Air Canada Named Best Airline in North America by Skytrax World Airline Awards

Amadis of Gaul
26th Jun 2017, 12:18
I guess he is interested in working for a Premier Airline like AirCanada rather than some of the others.
Air Canada Named Best Airline in North America by Skytrax World Airline Awards

I gathered as much. Unless, of course, the European overnights are not long enough or too long, in which case he'll go to First Air, I take it.