PDA

View Full Version : Career in Airline Operations & Dispatch

jnicolas83
15th Jun 2017, 20:34
Hi,

I am 34 years old, living in London (originally from France) and I am up for a new challenge after having worked in accounting for the last 9 years.

I am considering reconverting as a flight dispatcher. But before I enrol, i would like to poke your thoughts re the job market. Salary expectations? Career progressions in the UK? Are there many positions available on the market?

As i do not have much experience in the aviation business (apart from a student job at the check in and boarding 15 years ago) I was considering taking distant classes from avtech 2000? Any experience with this training centre? Would you recommend it?

Thanks
Jordan

Neshar
16th Jun 2017, 07:13
Hello everybody. I`m 38 years old from Serbia. I`ve been working at Belgrade airport (BEG) for 10 years now, 9 of them as a Ramp Dispatcher (TRC), handling many airlines and different types of aircraft. Have an extensive knowledge of GHP, DGR , liscences for LH PDA WAB and ALTEA systems, and so on. I want to ask you for your opinion regarding job market in Western Europe for a non EU citizen from Serbia with this kind of experience, is it futile to try to send CV`s, to HA, do they hire, etc. Any information would be appriciated. Thanks.