PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair coming to dohaaaaa

jetjockey696
13th Jun 2017, 05:48
RYannn coming to Dohaaa for bargain shopping......The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Al Meena St, Doha - Old Town on Wednesday 16th June 2017 between 09.00 and 17:00, no appointment necessary

Obbie
13th Jun 2017, 07:02
Oh my God, thank you.

After all the stupidity that has taken place this week, I needed a good laugh !

SMT Member
13th Jun 2017, 08:01
5 on, 4 off and home every night in a civilised country, close to family and friends, no chance of your kids growing up to become expat brats. Granted, you'll have to work for a pr1ck of gigantic propertions. Ups, sorry, you're already doing that!

Papa_Golf
13th Jun 2017, 09:12
Too bad I won't be able to attend. As a former ryr pilot I would have asked a few questions...

highfive
13th Jun 2017, 11:48
Dont forget €28000 for the rating . And €200 to process your CV .
You might also find that your dream base location suddenly becomes unavailable , normally after you have resigned from current employer. Barcelona becomes Bratislava. Amsterdam becomes Ahmedabad . Yippee . Hold me back .

luvly jubbly
13th Jun 2017, 15:26
You might also find that your dream base location suddenly becomes unavailable , normally after you have resigned from current employer. Barcelona becomes Bratislava. Amsterdam becomes Ahmedabad . Yippee . Hold me back .

Don't go to Ahmedabad, as Gujarat is a dry State in India.
It's also an extremely long commute to you real FR base 😂

VaniosLenos
13th Jun 2017, 19:07
RYR will give you what they promise. They will not change your allocated base given at job offer. A job at home or close to it with 5/4 roster is not something to discard. Every 4 days off is like a mini holiday. On the downside? Money. Not compared to any gulf company. But not everything is about money, rather about the choice of lifestyle. Good luck.

springbok449
13th Jun 2017, 19:28
Personally I wouldn't be in such a rush to call endless patterns of 5 on 4 off a choice of lifestyle...

Luibar
13th Jun 2017, 19:46
On the downside? Money. Not compared to any gulf company. But not everything is about money, rather about the choice of lifestyle.

But they could improve the package by including some benefits instead of giving an allowance. One of the most annoying thing is you having to sort out your own accommodation and transport for the simulator checks.

username taken
13th Jun 2017, 20:00
Did the move to Ryanair from ME, wish I hadn't. Morale is comparable to what I left behind in the ME. On the upside, no night flights is a welcome change, but the money and the never ending bull**** isn't so good.

samca
13th Jun 2017, 21:31
Be prepare for the 4 sectors days with 25 min turnarounds... thousand of SOPs... 5500 Euros to 6500 Euros nets as Captain flying 75 to 90 hours per month... pay for the parking, uniform, accommodation during training, ground transportation...

Forget the ACARS, sunblinds, food on board, water, coffee...

In the other hand. You are in a stable company, living in Europe, Roster is good BUT the 4 sectors day could be tough

ExDubai
13th Jun 2017, 22:04
But they could improve the package by including some benefits instead of giving an allowance. One of the most annoying thing is you having to sort out your own accommodation and transport for the simulator checks.

Why should they improve? As long as they find enough pilots, no need for improvement

gtaflyer
14th Jun 2017, 03:08
How are they travelling to Doha by boat ?:rolleyes:

glofish
14th Jun 2017, 08:37
No, by goat .....

Luibar
14th Jun 2017, 09:09
Why should they improve? As long as they find enough pilots, no need for improvement

Right you are!

VaniosLenos
14th Jun 2017, 18:50
A lot of cadets, there is a never ending supply. LHS experience a bit difficult to find and pace cannot be kept up with expansion. Shortly they will ground airplanes due lack of crew.
It's good for a change from the sand pit. Stable roster and no night flying. Maybe for a couple of years. Then when you have had enough of it, and the low (no) cost BS, the Middle East will always be there.

matt283
14th Jun 2017, 20:10
Shortly they will ground airplanes due lack of crew.

Ppl always says that and It never actually happens that they cancel flights due to lack of pilots...

Luibar
14th Jun 2017, 21:09
I think if Ryanair ad a few perks to the package they would have plenty of experienced captains applying.

airborneksa
17th Jun 2017, 16:57
plenty of people here who want to go back home, if decent package.

gearlever
17th Jun 2017, 17:14

Back home? Yeah.
FR? No:ugh:

samca
18th Jun 2017, 10:13

That's the thing, decent package...