PDA

View Full Version : Buying a car

You rock
12th Jun 2017, 17:58
Hi everyone

Just looking for some advice from my colleagues. I have a friend. ( family of 3 kids ) looking for a vehicle too purchase.

I have gone onto the platinum card website and there seems to be some offers available too us.

My question is are the offers that have been availed to us all really a discount or it's just a show and pony game just too get us in.

Further is there any benefit of purchasing a motor vehicle SUV from the USA and getting it shipped in.

Best regards

YR

White Knight
12th Jun 2017, 18:10
Further is there any benefit of purchasing a motor vehicle SUV from the USA and getting it shipped in.

If you're talking UAE the answer is no. Every SUV under the sun can be had here! I got my first car here through 4x4 Motors and was pleased with the deal; the next direct from the dealer and it was all easily done.

You rock
12th Jun 2017, 18:28
If you're talking UAE the answer is no. Every SUV under the sun can be had here! I got my first car here through 4x4 Motors and was pleased with the deal; the next direct from the dealer and it was all easily done.

Thankyou WK. appreciate the feedback. I do remember at height of the crisis ( 2008 or 09 ) a brand new Range Rover here was way more expensive than the USA. However am open too all suggestions.

Fly safe

Airmann
12th Jun 2017, 18:50
Thankyou WK. appreciate the feedback. I do remember at height of the crisis ( 2008 or 09 ) a brand new Range Rover here was way more expensive than the USA. However am open too all suggestions.

Fly safe

It's Ramadan. It's the best time to buy. Would suggest looking at some 2016 models that didn't sell. Can get a great deal. If you don't care about having the latest. That being said some models hardly change year to year. So not much difference.

ExDubai
12th Jun 2017, 18:58

Fly safe
Here you go.... https://www.dubicars.com/news/how-to-import-your-vehicle-into-the-uae.html

Importing isn't that cheap.

ruserious
13th Jun 2017, 01:29
Ford usually give us a very decent deal with EK discount, always worth a look, especially as there will probably be a Ramadan deal on top

You rock
13th Jun 2017, 03:35
Thankyou gents.

Sheikh Your Bootie
13th Jun 2017, 08:56
Buy in Ramadan, best advice out there. Lots of deals out there, plus ask for extras bits n pieces to secure the deal.

SyB :ok::zzz:

P7xkk
13th Jun 2017, 12:22
Or, if you want a Jag, pm me. NASCAR with style........

alwayzinit
13th Jun 2017, 14:01
Just one word of caution:

Most European car makers do hot weather testing up to (and only!) a relatively cool temperature of 40 deg C.

From personal experience I know how the premium brands struggle to cope with the extreme temps here. I have a pic of 49 deg C on the dash in my F150!

This level of thermal attack literally destroyed an Audi Q7 I bought when we first arrived over 10 years ago.

The heat knackers electronics, rubber seals, CV boots and tyres.

birdieonfirst
13th Jun 2017, 14:02
Thankyou gents.

I got a used Range Rover Sport for sale if you're interested...

:ok: BOF

P7xkk
13th Jun 2017, 17:14
[QUOTE=alwayzinit;9801130]Just one word of caution:

Most European car makers do hot weather testing up to (and only!) a relatively cool temperature of 40 deg C.

From personal experience I know how the premium brands struggle to cope with the extreme temps here. I have a pic of 49 deg C on the dash in my F150!

This level of thermal attack literally destroyed an Audi Q7 I bought when we first arrived over 10 years ago.

He's right you know. Our Wayne Rover blew a hose when being serviced. It was sick all over their wash point 🤣
The Land Cruiser on the other hand, has been a gem. 17 years old, and goes like a train. Bought off a leaver, who did not even stick around for his ex duty free watch! 19 years in, and he baled, lol.
The Jag has been solid too, just add petrol, and hang on. Mind you, Jaguar = Tata now, so go figure.
The Rooney is pre-Indian, so it's a BMW really 🤓