PDA

View Full Version : Flying through the Gulf area

Mr Mac
8th Jun 2017, 10:10
The cabin
Anybody been advised by their companies to avoid traveling this route. I ask as my wife who is currently in HK, and went out via EK and DXB, has been told by her employer to re route return with LH and FRA despite additional cost. Her employer is US based, so maybe a little paranoid, but I just wondered if others currently travelling that way, have or are being re routed by their respective companies.

ExXB
8th Jun 2017, 11:11
Very much wait and see I would say. The worst case scenario would be a war, but with Saudi and UAE already streached thin with Yemen, not likely IMHO.

Until uncertainty clears avoiding the Gulf area may be prudent.

edi_local
8th Jun 2017, 20:03
To the best of my knowledge, no countries are advising against visiting or traveling to/from/through the Gulf, nor has there been an increase in threat level due to all of this so I, personally, would travel as planned unless my employer strongly insisted and covered my costs. There is a lot of rhetoric, but the chances of any of them actually using military force against one another is slim, and the chances of any such action affecting foreigners even narrower, in my opinion anyway.

PAXboy
8th Jun 2017, 20:16
I think it's Scimitar rattling ... jokes aside. This is round 1.