PDA

View Full Version : Check flight point of origin

Ignore the HUD
8th Jun 2017, 07:17
Was flying from MUC to Singapore with SQ 327 and was surprised at online check in nearly all the seats had gone and was lucky to get a seat together with my wife. It transpired the flight originated had at Manchester. Is there anyway to check with a flight that it has originated from another airport? I couldnt find any reference on the SQ website or the booking/flight number.

PAXboy
9th Jun 2017, 00:06
One possibility could be to check flights inbound to MUC in the hours preceeding the expected departure. Likewise, check the schedule of outbounds from MAN for earlier in the day. Failing that ask the question in the MAN forum in Airlines, Airports & Routes as it's a very active forum and the locals will know when SQ are operating.

Peter47
9th Jun 2017, 19:13
You could type the flight number into a site such as flightstats or flightradar24. The free versions generally only let you look a few days ahead but if you want to know at the time you are making the booking you can check the flight for the same day of the week and hope that the schedule will be the same. This is generally the case within the IATA traffic season but some airlines such as AirTransat can change their schedules almost on a weekly basis.

You could always try ringing the airline (if you can find a number) although you will probably be charged a premium for booking over the phone so just ask for info.

Unfortunately most libraries no longer stack paper versions of the ABC/OAG guide which in any case now only gives flights for the next month. I think that online versions require a subscription.