PDA

View Full Version : Scoot again giving away Europe flights

BNEA320
8th Jun 2017, 02:28
AUD$339 PER/ATH + few dollars for bag & meals. Guess no one wants to fly those dodgy arab airlines anymore, since it was revealed they contribute to terrorist funding.

downdata
8th Jun 2017, 03:05
AUD$339 PER/ATH + few dollars for bag & meals. Guess no one wants to fly those dodgy arab airlines anymore, since it was revealed they contribute to terrorist funding.

Since when was Scoot a "dodgy arab airline"? And if it is not, why are they giving away flights if they are doing well vs. their competitions? :ugh:

LeadSled
8th Jun 2017, 04:44
Gee, folks, I didn't know Singapore was an Arab country, I guess Singapore Girl will have to start wearing head to toe black burkas.
Tootle pip!!

Ixixly
8th Jun 2017, 07:38
Gosh I hope not LeadSled, how will we be able to truly enjoy the sights of Singapore if they cover up some of the best ones ;)

YouKnow.Whatever
8th Jun 2017, 10:01
I blame the recession.

The Bullwinkle
8th Jun 2017, 13:42
Since when was Scoot a "dodgy arab airline"? And if it is not, why are they giving away flights if they are doing well vs. their competitions? :ugh:
Have a re-read of the original post!
It seems pretty clear to me what he's saying is that because nobody wants to fly those "dodgy arab airlines", Scoot is now going to step in.
He's obviously referring to Qatar et al.

maggot
8th Jun 2017, 14:01
If that was the case they wouldn't be so cheap
Bnea320 smokin it again

And yeah I agree must be the recession we are in
:rolleyes:

downdata
8th Jun 2017, 14:22
Have a re-read of the original post!
It seems pretty clear to me what he's saying is that because nobody wants to fly those "dodgy arab airlines", Scoot is now going to step in.
He's obviously referring to Qatar et al.

Eh the only reason scoot is dropping prices and depressing yield is because "no one wants to fly" scoot

BNEA320
8th Jun 2017, 23:01
yeah let's look at recession early effects

1) property market is stuffed & will be for years. Builders/developers/speculators going belly up, left right & centre, which means building workers/traddies not getting paid

2) retail is stuffed, with many gone already & everyone left, trying to give stuff away

3) travel is in trouble. Long haul suffering the most. It's cheaper to go to USA than Queenstown. The arab airlines will suffer big time, as now linked to terror & other carriers discount like crazy to try & fill seats.

With costs at home rising, people will still want to go on holidays, so maybe they will go domestic/short haul (ie cheap) &/or for less time.

Going to be interesting.

At least the VA pilot shortage might be solved overnight, as ME carriers shed pilots & they return home.

BNEA320
8th Jun 2017, 23:02
Eh the only reason scoot is dropping prices and depressing yield is because "no one wants to fly" scootno think Scoot is trying to capitalise on the mess going on at Qatar, which also reflects on EK & EY.

topdrop
9th Jun 2017, 02:58
I wonder which village gave it's idiot access to the library computer.