PDA

View Full Version : Tough times for EK

Talparc
7th Jun 2017, 16:51
https://www.ft.com/content/757df8b0-4760-11e7-8d27-59b4dd6296b8

ExDubai
7th Jun 2017, 17:06
Sadly I'm not an FT subscriber but I can guess what it says.

I'm surprised EK didn't wait til this week to announce the figures
STC says that he's ready to park AC when needed.....

Talparc
7th Jun 2017, 19:24
Quote from the above FT Article:
Always one more cup of coffee for ‘Costa Brigade’
Emirates staff derisively talk about the airline’s middle managers as the “Costa Brigade”, referring to those who hang out at the large coffee shop on the ground floor of the group’s headquarters, writes Simeon Kerr.
The swelling ranks of middle management have for several years been undermining staff morale as the airline, which was founded in 1985, has expanded.
Despite criticism that the group has become bloated, airline staff numbers are still rising. According to the 2016-17 annual report, airline workers increased 7.5 per cent to 51,628, including an 8.6 per cent increase in non- operational staff.
Insiders say this growth has come despite redundancies in departments such as IT and human resources.
Making cost cuts and rationalising is, therefore, the obvious way forward for the group, say analysts.
An internal memo at the group said one of the costs that management will focus on is those of employees, the airline’s second largest expense after fuel.
The memo said there would be “no pay review” and a policy of only filling vacancies “if absolutely critical”.
Employees say the gradual squeezing of benefits and perks and overworking hours has eroded Emirates’ reputation as an employer of choice among the airline industry.
Sir Tim Clark, the airline’s president, rejects such claims, saying the increase in staff levels reflects a content culture with a minority of moaners.
But some members of staff are still unhappy. “It just isn’t as attractive as it used to be,” said one.

natops
7th Jun 2017, 19:46
Minority of moaners..... he doesnt have any idea about the feelings of his employees, does he?

Panther 88
7th Jun 2017, 20:06
With all due respect to him, he doesn't have any idea about the feelings of his front line employees. He doesn't engage, simple as that. If one has ever had him on the aircraft, he will grace you with a nod and close the suite when able. And remember it's "the management team I put together" that has made this airline what it is today. Perhaps that statement is now coming back to bite him in the...............

Kamelchaser
8th Jun 2017, 01:16
“We’ve just got to tough it out,” says Sir Tim, the airline’s president and founding member of the carrier in 1985. “The business model is essentially a sound business model, but at the moment it’s challenged. For no reasons of our own, purely from geopolitical and socio-economic reasons.”

Nope...certainly nothing to do with massive over capacity, bloated staff numbers, arrogance etc etc. EK management have never put a foot wrong. It's everybody else's fault. I recall the head of Nokia say the same just a few years ago. Nokia who?

halas
8th Jun 2017, 02:01
Had a giggle at this comment on the article: "He (STC) is also 68 this year. After 35 years at Emirates he should exit with dignity and success not following the Robert Mugabe model although it is hard to resist the personality cult!"

halas

glofish
8th Jun 2017, 03:29
For a personality cult you need:

- a feudalistic system that can nicely breed on your politics, or business ponzi scheme model
- a symbol of grandeur whatever it costs and whatever number of slaves it takes to build it with hard and futile work
- a lot of simple-minded followers who unthinkingly worship your symbol, your business model and by that finally your person

It works fine here:

for 1: the dish-dash and abaya fraction
for 2: 140+ of the biggest aircraft
for 3: the WKs et al

A6EchoEchoUniform
8th Jun 2017, 04:16
Just google "emirates president pledges to tough it out as airline struggles" for free read.

13 aircraft already parked.

Where are you hearing 13 aircraft parked? Have the reg's?

A6EchoEchoUniform
8th Jun 2017, 04:36
Where are you hearing 13 aircraft parked? Have the reg's?

I read the article after posting. It doesn't say 13 parked. It says 13 aircraft that were serving the USA market no longer are, and if homes aren't found for them (aircraft sales, or other routes) then STC would park them.

A6EchoEchoUniform
8th Jun 2017, 04:56
So, you think we're gonna open 13 new routes?

Depending on the routes, one city pair may take up to 3 airplanes, even for once daily service.

I've heard that a second NRT flight is close to being announced. Also understand that EK408 switches to an A380 in September.

Most likely, I believe, is expansion of the A380 routes and reduction of the B777 routes.

From a profit standpoint, nothing beats a full A380. I happened to have been flying to the US this week, and must say, there wasn't one empty seat. And the US is our slow market!

luvly jubbly
8th Jun 2017, 04:58
I happened to have been flying to the US this week, and must say, there wasn't one empty seat. And the US is our slow market!

Lol. Everyone evacuating the Middle East?

P7xkk
8th Jun 2017, 05:04
I read the article after posting. It doesn't say 13 parked. It says 13 aircraft that were serving the USA market no longer are, and if homes aren't found for them (aircraft sales, or other routes) then STC would park them.

Err, if you go down to DWC today, you will surely see a surprise.............

crewmeal
8th Jun 2017, 05:23
If things are that bad why think about 20 more A380's?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-07/emirates-said-in-talks-over-deal-for-20-airbus-a380-superjumbos

keepitrealok
8th Jun 2017, 06:42
I happened to have been flying to the US this week, and must say, there wasn't one empty seat. And the US is our slow market!

And I flew there last week and the jet was less than half full both ways, and that was after cancelling the second service to the city. :rolleyes:

Joker11
8th Jun 2017, 10:41
Have they combined some U.S flights? Cancelling one and booking pax on the next flight?

Officer Kite
8th Jun 2017, 11:05

Was that on Microsoft FSX or prepar3D?

notapilot15
8th Jun 2017, 13:35
Never thought FT would use such language.

Looks like Bloomberg piece is botched attempt to put a positive spin by local media desk, old habits die hard.

White Knight
8th Jun 2017, 14:11
For a personality cult you need:

- a feudalistic system that can nicely breed on your politics, or business ponzi scheme model
- a symbol of grandeur whatever it costs and whatever number of slaves it takes to build it with hard and futile work
- a lot of simple-minded followers who unthinkingly worship your symbol, your business model and by that finally your person

It works fine here:

for 1: the dish-dash and abaya fraction
for 2: 140+ of the biggest aircraft
for 3: the WKs et al

Your shoulder chips just grow bigger glo... Did you used to post on here as mensaboy or sittingidly by any chance? They were always keen to tell me about myself too🙄🙄

donpizmeov
8th Jun 2017, 15:23
Oficer Kite,

Have you got a flying job yet? Perhaps you should show some respect to those that do. No wonder you couldn't get on with easy, aer Lingus or other people.

Now double away and back to the wannabe site.

Panther 88
8th Jun 2017, 17:10
Your shoulder chips just grow bigger glo... Did you used to post on here as mensaboy or sittingidly by any chance? They were always keen to tell me about myself too🙄🙄

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. MENSABOY, where you been?

F24
8th Jun 2017, 18:45
and... coming from the EU,
"The European Union proposed new rules on Thursday to more effectively tackle alleged unfair competitive practices by foreign airlines as it seeks to ensure European carriers can withstand fierce competition overseas." EU to tackle unfair airline competition with new rules | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-aviation-idUSKBN18Z1A0)

Monarch Man
8th Jun 2017, 20:37
Not ordering 20 more (https://www.reuters.com/article/emirates-airplane-idUSD5N1FF01K)

Officer Kite
8th Jun 2017, 21:57
Oficer Kite,

Have you got a flying job yet? Perhaps you should show some respect to those that do. No wonder you couldn't get on with easy, aer Lingus or other people.

Now double away and back to the wannabe site.

Had you stalked better you would have seen the post where you likely got that info abt easy etc went onto explain that I have since gained employment (albeit as a cadet). Now don't choke on your coffee habibi but I could be in a cockpit near you soon :E

Now please, back to the tough times facing my future employer.

fatbus
9th Jun 2017, 02:55
His daddy is a pilot with EK

keepitrealok
9th Jun 2017, 04:55
Joker11,

Apologies, poor choice of words. I meant to say a destination which has just been changed from twice daily to once a day. :ok:

Divertnow
9th Jun 2017, 06:51
The lack of leadership leaves me lost for words. On the plus side, more leave available but with another global recession on the horizon I'm blown away by the fact this place could even consider 1 more A380 let alone 20 🙄

sirfly
9th Jun 2017, 08:27
Myfriend here inTHY just received an email saying his B777 is delayed. Please accept our apologies!

Its hard to believe how quickly the employment situation can suddenly swing the other way in aviation .
A bit like the UK election today.

What next , EK layoffs or unpaid leave ?

Aluminium shuffler
9th Jun 2017, 09:21
and... coming from the EU,
"The European Union proposed new rules on Thursday to more effectively tackle alleged unfair competitive practices by foreign airlines as it seeks to ensure European carriers can withstand fierce competition overseas." EU to tackle unfair airline competition with new rules | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-aviation-idUSKBN18Z1A0)Ironic that it's Air France complaining...:{

Joker11
9th Jun 2017, 09:50
Joker11,

Apologies, poor choice of words. I meant to say a destination which has just been changed from twice daily to once a day. :ok:

No worries. I know frequences have been reduced, but I thought they were cancelling flights on a daily basis to the U.S

Joker11
9th Jun 2017, 09:51
Not ordering 20 more (https://www.reuters.com/article/emirates-airplane-idUSD5N1FF01K)

Figured as much.

KippaLippa
9th Jun 2017, 13:01
[QUOTE=sirfly;9797277]Myfriend here inTHY just received an email saying his B777 is delayed. Please accept our apologies!

sorry, THY would be.....?

harry the cod
10th Jun 2017, 06:32
Office Kite

I hope you're more decisive in the cockpit than you are in career decisions. Less than 4 months ago you were telling us that EK was of no interest to you, an airline more suited to African and Asian applicants.

Now you'd like to join us and sit next to Don? :ugh:

Harry

sirfly
10th Jun 2017, 07:10
What I meant to say was My friends 777 course has been posponed indefinitely for undisclosed reasons. Please log in it and keep us updated of your situation.

Looks like the brakes are on recruitment?

FYI : THY = Turk Hava Yollan

Talparc
10th Jun 2017, 08:10
If you look at our new recruits then Office Kite is right.

donpizmeov
10th Jun 2017, 08:53
You can't blame him wanting to sit next to me Harry. The little fella is only human.
Still no contract adjust letter re pay and conditions. Seems the muppets have given up on doing any work. Even if there is no pay rise there should be a contract adjust stating this.

fliion
10th Jun 2017, 09:12
Agreed Don.

The actual official heading each year is: "Pay Review 201*"

The REVIEW the last time we did not receive step,in May 2009, came from TCAS and at least had the courtesy of explaining to those under fleet - the rationale etc.

Maybe next Thursday at 16:30? 🤔

Officer Kite
10th Jun 2017, 13:17
Office Kite

I hope you're more decisive in the cockpit than you are in career decisions. Less than 4 months ago you were telling us that EK was of no interest to you, an airline more suited to African and Asian applicants.

Now you'd like to join us and sit next to Don? :ugh:

Harry

Correct, based on the horrific t&c's offered by EK according to these forums then they are the only ones who would be interested (and also due to the large amount of Indians asking "How I be Emirates pilot?" On their Facebook page :E )

But it would be at least another 5 years before I barely scrape EK min requirements and considering I'm yet to pick up my first GS theory book it's a bit premature to say for sure what I will or won't do so far down the line. Focus now is on getting the 320 RHS for my first employers and impressing them in my training!

And Don ... unless you're saying I'll be blessed to sit next to you due to your superior skill ... I'm quite worried!

I'll zoom back off now to the flight training forums where I belong for now ...

box
10th Jun 2017, 18:25
Officer kite - you are cocky piece of ....! Some senior captain will chew your a.. soon. You need to eat some humble pie.

Jack D
10th Jun 2017, 19:44
It goes like this , the Ek hub and spoke biz model is dead . Point to point is the new / old game as it always was and should be . Hub and spoke works with a suitably large hub (see Atl ) Dxb is at max capacity & cannot grow any larger in terms of capacity . They haven't orderd the new and suitably sized Ulr , slim line airframes & are being bypassed by direct flights . I cannot comment on competency etc .however I give the operation a survival period , in its present form , of 2 yrs possibly less . Only my opinion course , too many negatives and the big players are beginning to squeeze a weakened adversary . As I said only an opinion based on past experience .

donpizmeov
11th Jun 2017, 04:44
So how does a country the size and geographic position of the UAE not hub and spoke? Are smaller slim lined ULR aircraft going to help growth from a constrained hub?

halas
11th Jun 2017, 05:19
I think he may be referring to other domiciled airlines causing the demise of the likes of UAE airlines using smaller long-range aircraft

Would be surprised if it goes t!ts-up in two years though.

Would l care?

halas

donpizmeov
11th Jun 2017, 05:50
Common halas, your EK shares will go down in value...... Oh wait there. : )

Yorkshire_Pudding
11th Jun 2017, 12:03
Hub type aircraft orders:
B777X - 306
A380 - 280 (after removing cancellations and non-starters, 213 delivered)

Direct LR/ULR type aircraft orders:
B787 - 1,223
A350 - 851
and since they have LR capabilities;
B737max - 3,699 (such as norwegian europe to usa)
A320neo - 5,056 (plus 321neoLR with 4,000nm+ range)

Avid Aviator
11th Jun 2017, 12:10
Yes, more long-skinny types available now.
I wouldn't have included A350 in that though, it's more similar to B77X I believe?

ruserious
11th Jun 2017, 12:29
But it would be at least another 5 years before I barely scrape EK min requirements

Thank God I will be well retired by then

Monarch Man
11th Jun 2017, 16:46
Can anyone explain why there seems to be 20 A380s parked outside and near the hangars......according to someone on this thread they're all flying around full at the moment!! Or are they getting them ready for retirement?

Differed maintenance habibi, what is this 20? this is cyber crime, there are no A380s not flying full, have you seen the wonderous city?

Dropp the Pilot
11th Jun 2017, 17:30
Why can't everyone be as perceptive as me. 'Tis tragic.

Some time ago Gallic hubris, undaunted by the realities of economics and physics produced a nonsensical airplane. This really big airplane immediately attracted the lust of a British megalomaniac. The megalomaniac happened to be attached to a small tribe in The Gulf for whom nothing (Nothing!) else matters than that theirs be bigger than yours. Airplanes purchased. Nonsense becomes visible. Nemesis arrives.

Odins Raven
11th Jun 2017, 17:37
Why can't everyone be as perceptive as me. 'Tis tragic.

Some time ago Gallic hubris, undaunted by the realities of economics and physics produced a nonsensical airplane. This really big airplane immediately attracted the lust of a British megalomaniac. The megalomaniac happened to be attached to a small tribe in The Gulf for whom nothing (Nothing!) else matters than that theirs be bigger than yours. Airplanes purchased. Nonsense becomes visible. Nemesis arrives.

The A380 was perfect for Emirates at the time of the order. It didn't take a genius to work out that at the Middle point of the delivery schedule there would be two other big players on the ME doorstep along with the usual competition from Cathay and Singapore. Could any CEO really be that naive or is there something else afoot?

Shouldn't every business model have some robustness built in, to account for an ever changing economy?

A6EchoEchoUniform
12th Jun 2017, 06:57
Can anyone explain why there seems to be 20 A380s parked outside and near the hangars......according to someone on this thread they're all flying around full at the moment!! Or are they getting them ready for retirement?

Maintenance. Returning from, and going to. Problem at the moment is not enough technicians to keep up with demand.

I did a BOM trip a few nights ago. Total empty seats on both flights, combined? 3.

LAX trip a week and a half ago. Total empty seats on both flights combined? 7.

MEL round trip? No empty seats.

The passenger demand is there. Just need more technicians to keep the aircraft and passengers flying.

glofish
12th Jun 2017, 08:30
Problem at the moment is not enough technicians to keep up with demand

"Crooked technicians! So sad."

The million dollar question now:
Is it because these bad technicians just don't turn up, or is it because the demand is so high?
Follow up question:
Why is it that only dugongs line up and almost no T7?
Get real mate.

No doubt there are destinations that fill a dugong. With LA and only one flight left, Mumbai during Ramadan, just as some Aussie routes no one doubted that the 380 can do the job. But there are too many lying around and too few destinations that fill them sufficiently. Economics at its simplest, and EK management failed right there.

donpizmeov
12th Jun 2017, 10:22
Good loads upstairs from lhr recently. It would seem loads are independent of pay and profit share so does it matter?

fatbus
12th Jun 2017, 10:38
And plenty of empty 777
The 380 is not the problem, EK ( head in the sand) management/ commercial is the problem

SMT Member
12th Jun 2017, 10:54
Heard from someone who professes to be in the know, that the biggest shortage facing EK is on the engineering side. Not pilots, not cabin crew and certainly not managers!

If you think the package for pilots have eroded, the terms rammed down the throats of engineers will make your eyes water. And this at a time, when there's a severe global shortage of qualified and experienced engineers.

glofish
12th Jun 2017, 11:01
A bright mind once said that there are no problems out there, just solutions.

I would elaborate further and pretend that there is no shortage of qualified people, only inadequate packages. If management can't adapt, they have to be sacked, if the owners can't back them up, they deserve their demise.

Odins Raven
12th Jun 2017, 11:06
Are the engineers only qualified to do one type? Genuine question. Is it a shortage of A380 engineers and there's a glut of 777 engineers? Shouldn't someone have cross-trained to the required numbers?

donpizmeov
12th Jun 2017, 11:08
And therein lies the rub.
A bond for each engine and Airframe added to the licence. Doesn't motivate people to do the extra courses.

donpizmeov
12th Jun 2017, 13:10
Seems recent FT article mentioning Costa dwellers has led to ATC ordering their extinction. There goes profit share next year.

EchoKilla
12th Jun 2017, 13:23
Only allowed to buy costa, not allowed to sit! New policy. Might as well install the costa branded self making coffee machines on each floor to recoup some sort of profit share and throw out the Nephew's dellmayr branded machines....

P7xkk
13th Jun 2017, 17:07
Maintenance. Returning from, and going to. Problem at the moment is not enough technicians to keep up with demand.

I did a BOM trip a few nights ago. Total empty seats on both flights, combined? 3.

The passenger demand is there. Just need more technicians to keep the aircraft and passengers flying.

I have seen some utter rubbish posted on this page, but you matey boy, are taking the biscuit.
FYI, Engineering have plenty of Engineers, Technicians, Mechanics and hangar space. Witness the SQ 380 in the run pen this afternoon, as it has just finished a C Check. 6 hangars, all full of C yet more C Checks, plus 4 more full of A Checks and casualty. Oh, and don't forget the paint hangar, which is balls out all year round.
Next time you depart DXB, who prepares your a/c? The magic pixies? You might not see too much of Engineering, but that's because they are more than a little busy.

Mr Good Cat
14th Jun 2017, 09:06

Whilst the load figures are not available directly from EK, it is possible to scout google for an airport's own route load-factor reports. Understandably the picture is not as rosy as it was for most of the world's long-haul carriers especially on routes from the UK.

The real mystery figure to get one's hands on is the yield. I'd be interested to see how the fares look across the carriers at the moment.

notapilot15
14th Jun 2017, 12:02
@A6EEU

Looking at Jan-Apr '17 LAWA data Emirates inbound LF 68% and outbound LF close to 50%.

EkOutter
14th Jun 2017, 19:36
Here you go....

ChocksOn
15th Jun 2017, 14:57
Does this apply worldwide? What a joke this airline has become! If you can call it that :ugh::ugh::yuk:

Talparc
15th Jun 2017, 19:28
Now trouble with the Chinese CAA as well:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/china-fines-emirates-after-plane-flew-at-wrong-height/2017/06/14/ea53cad8-5175-11e7-b74e-0d2785d3083d_story.html?utm_term=.b9ca8f0965a0

TBSC
17th Jun 2017, 22:58
Here you go....
Is that the standard manner of comms at EK? No Dear, no Please, no Thank you?

Talparc
18th Jun 2017, 00:36
TSBC:

Unfortunately yes, especially from this so called senior manager who is the biggest f.....
moron of his kind.

Joker11
18th Jun 2017, 10:00
http://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2017/06/16/emirates-withdrew-job-offer-hundreds-hopeful-cabin-crew/

fatbus
18th Jun 2017, 10:13
Typical EK handling of the situation

crewmeal
18th Jun 2017, 11:13
No cabin crew recruitment for sometime. Is it the same for pilots these days?

This is How Emirates Withdrew a Job Offer to Hundreds of Hopeful Cabin Crew - Paddle Your Own Kanoo (http://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2017/06/16/emirates-withdrew-job-offer-hundreds-hopeful-cabin-crew/)

Joker11
18th Jun 2017, 18:57
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-09/gulf-crisis-sends-airline-stocks-surging-with-schadenfreude

luvly jubbly
18th Jun 2017, 19:30
Ha ha ha. Deena Kamel.

That's funny in Geordie

Jet II
20th Jun 2017, 14:12
Here you go....

Good example of EK shooting themselves in the foot. Emirates own the franchise to Costa so when they are probably making more profits than the airline reducing their business is a dumb move. :D

777-200LR
20th Jun 2017, 20:59
Good example of EK shooting themselves in the foot. Emirates own the franchise to Costa so when they are probably making more profits than the airline reducing their business is a dumb move.

Jet II, the productive man hours lost while visiting the franchise is worth more than the franchise itself (in Dubai)

White Knight
20th Jun 2017, 21:42
Still. Popcorn at the ready. Herr Mueller's great cull begins very soon.

Yes. I've heard that the end of Eid is the start date from other sources...

Jet II
20th Jun 2017, 23:06
Jet II, the productive man hours lost while visiting the franchise is worth more than the franchise itself (in Dubai)

Whenever I was in Costas in HQ the vast majority of customers were not productive anyway - Emiratisation doesn't lead to productivity improvements.

nolimitholdem
21st Jun 2017, 08:22
Emiratisation doesn't lead to productivity improvements.

A bit like saying smoking doesn't cure lung cancer.

You could clear out a couple floors in EGHQ and I doubt anyone would notice other than the increased number of available parking spaces.

fatbus
21st Jun 2017, 09:09
Was at SZR the other day , it sure does appear that the culling has begun!

trimotor
21st Jun 2017, 11:07
Called past EGHQ around the middle of the day today, so dropped into Costas for a quick skinny hazelnut low-foam takeaway-cup cappuccino and a slightly under-done croque monsieur and was pleasantly surprised by the number of spare seats and short queues..a couple of clearly work-related rendezvous happening, but might not have been EK..

TM

Kapitanleutnant
21st Jun 2017, 11:32
Heard a funny story a long while back.... When the new interviewees and their wives were taking the tour of the new EGHQ atrium area with all it's glitz and glamour, One of the wife's asked the tour guide lady, "Wow, this place is huge... how many people work here?" Without missing a beat the tour guide lady said, "Oh, about half of them". :-)

Always get a kick telling that one...

K

Joker11
22nd Jun 2017, 10:01
Heard a funny story a long while back.... When the new interviewees and their wives were taking the tour of the new EGHQ atrium area with all it's glitz and glamour, One of the wife's asked the tour guide lady, "Wow, this place is huge... how many people work here?" Without missing a beat the tour guide lady said, "Oh, about half of them". :-)

Always get a kick telling that one...

K

Ha ha good one. Thanks for the laugh.

EchoKilla
22nd Jun 2017, 13:32
Was at SZR the other day , it sure does appear that the culling has begun!

Care to elaborate?

Talparc
25th Jun 2017, 11:10
More trouble:

Emirates airline slammed for "lack of cooperation" in investigation into dad-of-three's death - Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/emirates-airline-slammed-lack-cooperation-13230315)

BobDole
25th Jun 2017, 12:21
"even if CPR had been administered more quickly it would not have prevented Mr McCormack’s death"

Talparc
25th Jun 2017, 12:25
The case here is the lack of cooperation in investigation ...

Quote:

Mrs McCormack also criticised Emirates’ investigation, saying: “Emirates wouldn’t respond for a long time to me, or even to the coroner. To put my family and myself through this was scandalous and traumatic.”

Talparc
27th Jun 2017, 09:02
Travel ban to USA partially reinstated

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/politics/supreme-court-trump-travel-ban-case.html

White Knight
27th Jun 2017, 13:25
Well in all fairness I would say EK generally provides excellent and immediate medical care on board. I had a 'death on board' on a ULR; the crew started immediate CPR and maintained it for 45 minutes (which is bl00dy hard work btw) but the lady didn't respond and with the agreement of two medical doctors on board and Medlink CPR was stopped.

Some people are going to go whatever you do! But there have been many successful outcomes in the years I've been here with regards to critically ill passengers...

notapilot15
29th Jun 2017, 18:05
This explains a lot for all the issues

Faecal bacteria 'in ice in Costa, Starbucks and Caffe Nero' - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40426228)

Talparc
29th Jun 2017, 22:30
US3 heating up the discussion

Delta releases full-length video educating employees on Gulf carrier subsidies | Delta News Hub (http://news.delta.com/delta-releases-full-length-video-educating-employees-gulf-carrier-subsidies?utm_medium=email&utm_source=skies&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Delta+Video&source=Delta+Video)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/qatar-airways-fairy-tale-profit_us_5952a266e4b0f078efd9855b?utm_medium=email&utm_source=skies&utm_content=4+-+Huffington+Post&utm_campaign=Delta+Video&source=Delta+Video

Mrs Mangels
30th Jun 2017, 00:19
https://youtu.be/vFevxqmg92s

Visual Procedures
30th Jun 2017, 03:16
Faecal bacteria 'in ice in Costa, Starbucks and Caffe Nero' - BBC News

Guess that explains why Costa tastes like sh!t.. :}

gardenshed
30th Jun 2017, 08:03
Or this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSg2cq5xx2Y&sns=em

Craggenmore
30th Jun 2017, 12:26
"Ah, cappuccino"

I might be wrong but Delta never made any videos about any other European government backed Airlines - which historically was every single European Airline.

Why now?

The Outlaw
30th Jun 2017, 12:46
The 15 minute Delta video is pretty interesting and will certainly gain momentum with United and American as well. I expect Trump will have a balancing act to perform with Boeing so its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Given the instability in the ME, now would be the time for the USA to tighten the clamps on the ME3.

No sympathy for Jennifer I'm afraid, she sold her soul to the devil for the EK ads, I expect her countrymen will treat her accordingly.

pilotguy1222
30th Jun 2017, 21:38
No sympathy for Jennifer I'm afraid, she sold her soul to the devil for the EK ads, I expect her countrymen will treat her accordingly.

That part had me cracking up. Playing off the ignorance of the US public, including their own.
Big time stars like Jennifer, do not do commercial advertising in the USA. There are a large number of them who do for the rest of the world. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc., all "support" products outside the USA.

The Outlaw
30th Jun 2017, 22:10
That part had me cracking up. Playing off the ignorance of the US public, including their own.
Big time stars like Jennifer, do not do commercial advertising in the USA. There are a large number of them who do for the rest of the world. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc., all "support" products outside the USA.

True, but those commercials can come back to bite them in the ass at home, the internet is a small place.

The Turtle
1st Jul 2017, 07:56
Well said. Just like the unauthorized Ashley video....

Blonde, meet door.