PDA

View Full Version : JMC jumpseats

TheKentishFledgling
12th Jul 2002, 11:45
I know at the present time, jumpseat rides are very unlikely, but hey, it's always worth asking :)

I'm flying JMC (JMC233K outbound and JMC233L inbound!) from Gatwick to Palma and vice versa, outbound on 20th July, inbound 3rd August.

Anyone know what the chances are like if I use the normal note to the captain, with a photocopy of some logbooks pages?

Thanks in advance,
tKF

greatorex
12th Jul 2002, 12:07
I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm afraid. Pax jumpseat rides are a definate no-no at the moment.

TheKentishFledgling
12th Jul 2002, 17:23
OK, thanks for the replies!

I will still try the note method, but I won't hold my breath!

I will count myself lucky I got a jumpseat ride with a certain airline that will remain nameless in February time :rolleyes:

Cheers,
tKF

Psr777
12th Jul 2002, 17:28
Currently not even cabin crew or their partners (on staff travel) are permitted to use the jumpseats in the cabin or flight deck AT ALL at JMC.

Only the captain or director of flight operations can authorise a flight deck jump seat for travel. However even if the DFO says yes, it is up to the captain on the day and the only people allowed are specific designated personel, not general public.

:( :(

Psr777
12th Jul 2002, 17:30
Piperpilot: I was under the impression that pax are not even allowed onto the flight deck on the ground, under the DTLR regulations?:confused:

rnobson
12th Jul 2002, 17:37
PiperPilot Could I ask yu a question privately

Rob

Whalerider
13th Jul 2002, 00:42
Unfortunately I don't think there s much chance. As an ATCO, JMC refused me a couple of months ago !
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :(

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
14th Jul 2002, 12:12
Piperpilot is exactly what his user-name suggests he is. He is not a commercial pilot. I think he was quoting a jmc pilot in his post.