PDA

View Full Version : Is Easyjet any good?

brownstar
12th Jul 2002, 07:25
been thinking of applying to easyjet. Does any one have any usefull info to help me decide.

moleslayer
12th Jul 2002, 10:33
When you've finished reading all about RYANAIR

You will be easily able to make up your own mind ;)

Engee73
12th Jul 2002, 19:36
Its what you make of it really. If you are happy flying short haul, all around the clock on a 6/2.5 roster its okay.

Lets face it, once you shut the door all airlines are the same. So the comparison comes down to money, benefits and lifestyle;

I assume you know the salary and benefits so then its the roster. This can only get better!

On balance its got a lot of potential and I am confident it will sort out the minor issues as it overcomes it significant growing pains.

Good luck :cool:

brownstar
14th Jul 2002, 06:27
Engee 73

Thanks for your reply. What about bases. I know roughly about pay and conditions. Do you know where they are expanding etc future plans, what about the Go aspect, do they have go pilots flying the orangetails out of LUT, LGW and eazy pilots on white tails out of STN, GOW, etc......any info would be good. thanks

Engee73
14th Jul 2002, 09:37
I think the expansion plans will be generally to join the dots and with the introduction of many more dots with both GO and Deutche BA there are a lot of opportunities.

At present there are bases at LGW, LTN, BFS (From Sep), GLA, EDI and STN, EMA and BRS with GO.

It will take approx 12 months before we are flying on the same AOC but the aircraft may have the same tails (orange of course!) by the end of the year. Meantime we can not fly together or on each others aircraft.

We are recruiting mainly for the scottish and BFS bases with courses starting in the new year. Given that these bases are new there are people who would rather be in the the south so there is a waiting list for transfer that goes on the date of application for transfer not seniority.

In the easy fleet therre are now 17 NG's 15 -300's in the UK and 3 -300's in Switzerland. Therefore the NG has become the predonminate fleet until the GO amalgamation.

Airbus/Boeing decision expect this month.

Hope that answers your question.

NG :)

jetgirl
14th Jul 2002, 15:57
Nightmare rosters but if you can live with that......great bunch of people and nice new 700s.

I only waited 3 months to come south from Scotland but I think the life was better up North - there are quite a few moving up for a quieter lfe and less messing around.

brownstar
14th Jul 2002, 20:44
Engee 73 and Jetgirl - thanks for your replies, it has certainly given me food for thought. I was reading the post ' The door slams shut ' - is it realy that bad in the selection process. I've been for some interviews with various companies in my time before my present job, some were excellent interviews that really motivated you, others were just a show of arrogance by usually one non user-friendly interviewer, generally with a chip on his or her shoulder. Please tell me that the latter doesn't apply in this case. If you know any more about this aspect of the company i would be glad to hear. I know it's not all a bed of roses. what company is!

jetgirl
15th Jul 2002, 01:42
I actually quite enjoyed my day selection. I didn't find anyone there arrogant. They were ready to answer questions on the rosters and package and the interviewers seems like they were interested in what I had to say. The interview is conducted by one HR and one Captain and the questions swap between personality based ones (what would you do....) and technical knowledge stuff. None of it was outside of stuff I should know as a working pilot and it was all very relaxed and calm.

I dont necessarily agree with their no return policy but then I can understand it too. They have so many applications to sift thro and I am sure the policy will be quietly dropped when numbers get tight again. :D

As i said above, its good fun although like every airline it has its faults.:)

Goforfun
25th Jul 2002, 21:56
Could they justify their crap roster system during their open days?

Engee73
26th Jul 2002, 04:08
GFF

I think you will find there was little need to in the last twelve months. Most people know what to expect and I have found on the recruitment days that the pilots are almost brutely honest.

I am not implying that the rosters are anything more than abominable just that the reruitment team are on the whole honest and fair.

Having been through the process many times myself with a number of airlines I am heartened by the effort that goes in to keep it fair.

I can't say I agree with the PR generated by advertising the current policy on 'reprocessing' applicants but that is the policy of the flight operations management not the recruitment team.

I understand your concern with the merger/takeover, lets hope that the good things from GO stay in the new combined group.

NG :D

twinjet
26th Jul 2002, 22:14
work too hard, not enough time off, pay mediocre, treated bad, you can figure out your own answer