PDA

View Full Version : Corendon airlines europe

flybeboy
26th May 2017, 12:25
New malta based charter ops with one 738. Started 23 May let's hope they bring back the ex air malta charters from uk like exeter, cardiff

Barling Magna
26th May 2017, 12:35
Well they won't be bringing back the Air Malta charters from SEN if they're flying a 737-8

Foxy737
4th Dec 2019, 16:11
Its not a Maltese airline. Its part of Turkish Corendon trying to gain unlimited access to the European market via the back door with a Maltese AOC.
The company is run from their main base in Antalya.

BA318
4th Dec 2019, 16:48
Corendon operate a lot of flights from Holland (I think the turkish owner has some connection - they operate an airport near AMS with a 744 parked outside it). They are a well established carrier. This is just as said above, an attempt to get further EU rights.

clipstone1
5th Dec 2019, 10:30
there are 2 EU based Corendon airlines. Corendon Airlines Europe (Malta AOC) and Corendon Airlines Dutch (AMS based AOC).

Foxy737
6th Jan 2020, 14:21
They got rid of the Dutch Corendon recently. Did not fit into their culture.

SWBKCB
6th Jan 2020, 14:24
Does that mean the costs of operating in Holland were too high?

CEJM
6th Jan 2020, 15:35
Any proof of this as their is no news on the internet?

thanks

BRUpax
6th Jan 2020, 16:02
Well, the Dutch Corendon are certainly still flying today. Furthermore, they recently announced expansion plans for this coming Summer.

davidjohnson6
6th Jan 2020, 21:56
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/78710-investor-to-buy-corendon-dutch-airlines-in-tour-op-deal

BRUpax
6th Jan 2020, 23:08
OK, thank you david. I had looked around too and not found anything. The airline continues to fly, although I wonder if there will be a name change in the future?

clipstone1
7th Jan 2020, 08:55
There was a "trading" of parts of the group with new investors, but all of the Corendon airlines still operate as one group of airlines under one brand,despite the technical ownership differences.

BRUpax
7th Jan 2020, 11:18
Ah, understood, thank you clipstone1.

CEJM
8th Jan 2020, 18:28
Thank you David.

Foxy737
31st Jan 2020, 11:44
Rather more a cultural issue I think. Did not fit into their (original turkish Corendon / owners) operating mentality. Dutch Corendon continues to fly independently now.

MrGustave
26th Sep 2021, 17:50
See they're recruiting again. Does anyone have info about what the rosters look like (german bases)? Fixed/variable, how many DO?
Cheers!

Banana Joe
26th Sep 2021, 20:04
I have very recently been advised to avoid this lot. I was told they hired some FO's, have them fly a bit to keep their trainers current and then fired them. I wonder if there is some truth in it. Still, go and get it to get current again with eyes wide open.

MrGustave
28th Sep 2021, 16:45
Thanks, appreciated, wasn't exactly expecting a career airline there for sure, but the pay isn't too catastrophic so still considering it.

SaulGoodman
28th Sep 2021, 17:46
The man behind Corendon is a Dutch Turk, hence the connection. I’d be very careful. Corendon used to be profitable pre-covid but as they have a big focus on leisure tourism to Turkey they have been hit proportionally hard by the pandemic and associated travel restrictions. Investor Sunweb also pulled out of the planned take over. If employed already I wouldn’t take the risk.

737 CL
29th Sep 2021, 01:38
Anybody knows How is the asessment and the company in T&Cs?

Airone2977
8th Oct 2021, 07:27
Does anyone has update or info about the ongoing recruitment ?

GcitoG
22nd Dec 2021, 18:12
I'm not liking the fact that you have to pay for your own travel and accommodation expenses during assessment... It seems fishy to me... Anyone already have the interview going on this week?

7seven3three7seven
27th Jan 2022, 19:57
They are still recruiting and have big expansion plans for the summer. Ask me anything about the interview or assessment. I had them recently and got the job

S3v3n37
3rd Feb 2022, 20:43
They are still recruiting and have big expansion plans for the summer. Ask me anything about the interview or assessment. I had them recently and got the job

Could you pm me for detailed sim info please? Thanks

======================================
Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Email will work if you supply it.

7seven3three7seven
4th Feb 2022, 01:17
Hi! I sent you a message now. Did you receive it?

Alsacienne
4th Feb 2022, 06:32
Now a major player at BSL for flights to Eastern Mediterranean holiday destinations this year ....

S3v3n37
4th Feb 2022, 08:44
Yes I got your message. Thank you! I replied already ;)

almost blue
20th Apr 2022, 12:33
Hello could you send me a pm regarding the assessment? I tried to send you a pm but your box is full. Thanks a lot.

================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Quicker results by adding your email address here.

7seven3three7seven
21st Apr 2022, 20:38
@almost blueI sent you a pm now :)

cpt.sky1
21st Apr 2022, 21:23
Hello guys, did anybody do the interview yet?

S3v3n37
21st Apr 2022, 21:25
Hello could you send me a pm regarding the assessment? I tried to send you a pm but your box is full. Thanks a lot.

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Quicker results by adding your email address here.

Hi, tried to pm you but your inbox is full 😆

almost blue
23rd Apr 2022, 00:22
Sorry I just emptied it . Could you try again? Thanks a lot 🙏

almost blue
27th Apr 2022, 20:56
Hi, tried to pm you but your inbox is full 😆

Could you try again pls? Thanks 🙏

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

You have two messages in your inbox so you are completely locked out. Only passing on your email here will work.

7seven3three7seven
28th Apr 2022, 06:26
The interview was quite relaxed. It's mostly the HR person doing the talking. You can expect all the typical HR questions. Tell us about yourself. Why Corendon? What do you know about Corendon? Tell us about a time you disagreed with your previous employer? Tell us about a mistake you made during a flight and how did you learn from it? There are no technical 737 questions. Only 1 non-HR question and it was the following: What is GRF? About the sim: you will receive in advance the SIM program where it's written everything that you will go through during the session. There are absolutely no surprises. Just use your previous companies SOPs and show good CRM. Feel free to ask me more questions about anything! I'm happy to help.Best of luck!!

7seven3three7seven
12th May 2022, 19:28
@maxpod I tried to answer your pm but your inbox is full.

student2
17th Jul 2022, 09:36
at banana joe
Dutch Corendon hires people to satisfy instructors sim hours and than get rid of them.
They are most likely for sale as the brought to court another company Sunweb needed to take them over.
Corendon Europe has difficulties paying salaries. people are leaving.