PDA

View Full Version : APC Election and non EK members

justanexample
26th May 2017, 08:13
Has anyone noticed the newsletter that was posted by the APC a few weeks ago….they are organizing new elections, nothing new there, BUT has anyone noticed who resigned…The Chairman, Vice Chairman and the Treasurer…all within a month? Rather odd and suspicious don’t you think?! What’s going on at the APC?

After chatting to a few mates of mine, I find it odd that only EK pilot members are allowed to be on the committee. Why not flydubai and any other non-EK pilots? Aren’t we a significant part of the club especially since a lot of EK member have left to the platinum card?!! Apparently we constitute about 50 % of the club…so why so little rights? Also, we don’t receive all the privileges that EK pilots receive and we pay more i.e. temporary cards for families.

Surely, we should have a voting right to the committee and be involved in the club if we wanted to?

Shouldn’t we have a right to elect the management of club as we financially support it to such a high degree? Decision made by the current management are for the benefit of EK members more than non-EK members.

Please let me hear your thoughts and maybe we can stand united to establish our rights in the club or even better and start our own club away from the sinking ship EK/APC

alwayzinit
26th May 2017, 18:37
You could always start your own club.....................................:cool:

gatbusdriver
26th May 2017, 19:20
I feel sure I've heard the 'if you don't like it leave' line trotted out before, I just cant remember where I saw it ...............

fantom
26th May 2017, 20:50
Gatbus. Never mind that. Have you seen what your house is worth now?

Look at Rob's also.

Excellent.

luvly jubbly
26th May 2017, 21:28
Gatbus. Never mind that. Have you seen what your house is worth now?

Look at Rob's also.

Excellent.

That's about the most derailed thread I've seen this year....

Xulu
27th May 2017, 05:30
Many Indians have moved to the UK, enjoy a segregated life, whilst allowed to share the benefits of the country they chose to live in.

Now they've got their membership card, they're demanding Indian MP's to represent them in parliament as "they pay taxes too."

Is it fair to want changes to the law to suit themselves so soon after being welcomed into an established community?

Apologies for the thread drift...

thatwasclose
27th May 2017, 07:21
Yes .
Like the Angles , Saxons , Danes , Normans . Hugonats . Poor Celts . Lost their club .

LadyMatilda
29th May 2017, 09:43
EMIRATES Pilots Club went into a nose-dive when the chair at the time decided it would be a good idea to include every Tom, Dick, Harry and their associates into EPC.

APC is an abomination.... Exclusivity Lost !

speedbirdhopeful1
29th May 2017, 14:20
EMIRATES Pilots Club went into a nose-dive when the chair at the time decided it would be a good idea to include every Tom, Dick, Harry and their associates into EPC.

APC is an abomination.... Exclusivity Lost !

Couldn't agree more. Those whining about voting rights. The clue is in the (old) name. EMIRATES. They started it and still decide who gets to have a say. Sadly it's gone down the toilet lately and I left some years back.

fantom
29th May 2017, 14:42
That's about the most derailed thread I've seen this year....

Quite right; sorry.