PDA

View Full Version : UniSA Bachelor of Aviation & Graduate Diploma

Power Attitude Trim
25th May 2017, 12:35
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and currently completing Year 12 in South Australia. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of UniSA's Bachelor of Aviation with the Graduate Diploma of Aviation? My main concern is that it doesn't offer the ATPL subjects like UNSW's degree does.

Regards

mikewil
25th May 2017, 12:44
My main concern is that it doesn't offer the ATPL subjects like UNSW's degree does.

Regards

If you are doing their integrated CPL & MECIR course, you should also be concerned that you will have zero hours in a real world aircraft like a Cessna 206 or Beechcraft Baron. I don't even think they use C172s anymore.

You will have a licence having flown nothing but training aircraft like DA40 singles & DA42 twins.

4Greens
25th May 2017, 19:14
Move to NSW and sign up for their degree course,

megle2
25th May 2017, 20:15
So on completion of your NSW course how many hours in " real aircraft " do you have logged. Bare endorsements or significant exposure.

JabiruFoxbat
26th May 2017, 00:37
Was a half decent course up until Neil took over the reigns, drove it into the ground, and then the Aviation Academy closed in favour of FTA's training options (not really a better choice either). Go somewhere worthwhile as others have said and train in a real world aircraft and don't be tricked into signing your life away to operators with flashy glass cockpit DA40's etc

Seabreeze
26th May 2017, 05:09
Megle2, in answer, and according to my spies:

With UNSW, in addition to ATPL, I think you can get 5 hours on a C182RG with steam driven dials and gravel strips, but perhaps more importantly an MCC course on a 737 Ng look alike, a Q400 systems course ...., and the prospects of a QantasLink F/O pathway.

SB....

dr dre
26th May 2017, 23:49
and the prospects of a QantasLink F/O pathway.

SB....

This.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2015/08/unsw-to-offer-qantaslink-approved-pilot-training-scheme/

No other course can offer this type of pathway. Except cadetships of course, you should look into those and apply if eligible before enrolling in an aviation uni degree.

Power Attitude Trim
27th May 2017, 00:43
Would it be harder landing a GA charter job having trained on DA-40's?
I know Swinburne train through Oxford in Melbourne and use C172's

mikewil
27th May 2017, 06:32
I know Swinburne train through Oxford in Melbourne and use C172's

Yes. Try to find somewhere that will do most of your training in C172s but will do the last 30 or so hours of your CPL in a C182 or C206.

Stikman
27th May 2017, 10:34
Yes. Try to find somewhere that will do most of your training in C172s but will do the last 30 or so hours of your CPL in a C182 or C206.

RMIT use C172s and C182s for CPL.