PDA

View Full Version : Irish Question . Airport Rationalisation. will the UK follow.

EGPO
23rd May 2017, 21:09
Greetings , I do not post often but sadly I've had to leave the serenity of West Ireland.
It is certainly a culture shock.
In the ROI they had a fair few airports.
Supported in the main by PSO.
Sligo. WAT (think that's right).
Galway. The latter - did it ever connect to the amazingly busy Conemara Aran Islands?.
Slightly off topic but why a city with one of the biggest best hospitals I've ever seen. Biomedical firms . University etc. It got the motorway but it's still 2 hours to Dublin.
I'd have imagined a service Inis Mhor. Conemara - Dublin. Could a dornier or could a Citywing LET410 manage to operate from Inis Mhor 600m.Conemara 700m? . The Islands wee airports are very busy.
(Put DTV) to shame.
Now I'm here in exile near DTV . I'd like advice . DTV is clearly going tgecway if my Irish airports. Sligo used to fair well. Living 15 miles above Whitby on the Coast . 1.5 hours and what 180km to DSA?. Having read comments here LBA is a no. Coming from a country with a slow pace
of life to this , is intimidating.
DTV it's close enough to see aircraft on base and take off.
Yet NCL flights I noted a few watching them from the beach circa 9 thousand feet.
Which is the best Choice. I like Flybe. They seem to offer flights from DSA But not to Knock where I want to get to.
DTV charge . Yet it must be ready to close.
My apologies for my grammar. I have a disability. But if appreciate advice please.

BKS Air Transport
23rd May 2017, 21:22
Apologies if I have misunderstood your post, but a journey from where you are to Knock could be done quite straightforwardly: I'd suggest getting yourself to Saltburn, train from there to Manchester Airport (one change required at Middlesbrough), and on from there by Flybe. Hope this helps.