PDA

View Full Version : GA charter operators in Scotland

HughMartin
23rd May 2017, 12:46
Am looking to hire a 8-10 seat aircraft for flight Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Anyone know of Scottish based operator of KingAir B200 or slightly larger? Plenty aircraft in England but don't want to pay fancy Netjet type prices involving long positioning flight.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

OutsideCAS
23rd May 2017, 14:03
Am guessing you've tried both GAMA and Air Charter Scotland? most likely candidates off the top of my head, albeit that ACS operate Jets as AFAIK, and not sure if any King Air availability from GAMA in Aberdeen.

Always 2h20m in the train as an alternative, and probably a hell of a lot cheaper.....

bingofuel
23rd May 2017, 15:39
Hire a minibus, total time probaly similar, no security issues, no airport hassles, no issues on what you can take with you and less than a tenth of the cost!

HughMartin
23rd May 2017, 19:00
Hire a minibus, total time probaly similar, no security issues, no airport hassles, no issues on what you can take with you and less than a tenth of the cost!

I would agree to a point. It's actually a friend who wants the charter. I think he has some clients who have a tight schedule. Aberdeen to Edinburgh airport is about 2hrs 30 mins by road without delays. By aircraft, 45 mins max. Arrival at airport GA terminal to being on the aircraft should be no more than 10mins max.

epsum
24th May 2017, 20:23
ACS has (had) King Air 200, which would be perfect for this kind of operation. Flight between Aberdeen and Edinburgh is around 25 minutes. Not to mention, that both airports have dedicated GA terminal with no issues with parking, luggage or security. Have been couple of times in Edinburgh - when pax arrive in GA terminal to the moment when they were in plane - 10 minutes max. So all together around 1 hour or even less..

McDoo
28th May 2017, 12:18
ACS has (had) King Air 200, which would be perfect for this kind of operation. Flight between Aberdeen and Edinburgh is around 25 minutes. Not to mention, that both airports have dedicated GA terminal with no issues with parking, luggage or security. Have been couple of times in Edinburgh - when pax arrive in GA terminal to the moment when they were in plane - 10 minutes max. So all together around 1 hour or even less..

Did you really just say that Edinburgh has no issues with security?

x933
29th May 2017, 17:55
Probably need a good broker for this. ACS haven't had a B200 up north for years, occasionally a CJ2/CJ3 though. Gama's B350 is never available as it's the standby aircraft for SAS, the B200 doesn't charter.

surely not
29th May 2017, 21:25
Does it have to be a twin? Any PC12 or Caravan operators available up there?

rumour mill
30th May 2017, 17:09
Hi.

Did you find what you are looking for. I work for Gama and I am sure I could put you in contact with someone that could confirm if they could quote for your charter request

Am looking to hire a 8-10 seat aircraft for flight Aberdeen to Edinburgh. Anyone know of Scottish based operator of KingAir B200 or slightly larger? Plenty aircraft in England but don't want to pay fancy Netjet type prices involving long positioning flight.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

RAFAT
31st May 2017, 02:01
Hugh - might I suggest Eastern, they have plenty of J41s & Saabs at Aberdeen and regularly do group charters for football teams/supporters, stag parties, etc.