PDA

View Full Version : Malindo to fly the Tasman !!!

BNEA320
20th May 2017, 00:03
heard last night from a very reliable source, that Malindo are going trans-Tasman. Don't know which routes, but being Malaysian, they can do it with the bilateral, am told, without any hassles, just like Air Asia X.

Malindo currently fly regularly to Perth & Brisbane, daily to both I think.

Can a 737-900ER do Perth/New Zealand ?

Wonder which routes ? Surely they would stay away from AKL/CHC/WLG.

ZQN perhaps ?

F100bus
20th May 2017, 00:15
far out. There are some very high fares to Queenstown in busy periods, much higher than going to Europe or North America. Can they get in & out of ZQN in winter ?

if so, they won't have to be much cheaper than existing airlines into ZQN.

Chadzat
20th May 2017, 00:21
www.ausbt.com forum might be the go mate.....

TT738
20th May 2017, 00:24
Brisbane Queenstown needs more competition. $1259 return for some dates in August although this high fare probably means flights are very full

wheels_down
20th May 2017, 00:34
Oh look BNEA320 and TT738 are both online at the same time.

What are the chances the IP Addresses are both the same?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dangling Dunlops

From one who can see all IP addresses and has access to IP tracking systems, in respect to BNEA320 and TT738:

The IP addresses are different;
The ISPs are different;
The two IP address locations are in two very different States;

The two posts are 21 minutes apart from locations 1,375 kilometers apart. If they were the same person he/she would need to travel at 3,928 KPH between posts. :}

They certainly don't appear identical twins from where I sit......

:ok:

Tail Wheel

B772
20th May 2017, 00:41
PER/New Zealand

I'll bite A320.

In a nutshell the aircraft can do PER/New Zealand. Many factors to consider re what revenue payload would be available in both directions. I suspect not feasible year round.

BNEA320
20th May 2017, 00:51
never could understand why JQ doesn't fly BNE/ZQN & why does QF have so few flights ? 2 a week in part of winter only, whereas NZ/VA have up to a dozen a week.

Goat Whisperer
20th May 2017, 01:41
If you'd get on a Lion Group jet to Queenstown, the most challenging jet airport in Australasia, you're not very bright.

airdualbleedfault
20th May 2017, 13:49
Malindo to Queenstown in winter, that should be very interesting

Going Nowhere
20th May 2017, 20:04
Malindo seem to have a great ability to land during fog when no one else does!

Twice this week in BNE.

Rashid Bacon
20th May 2017, 20:25
Malindo seem to have a great ability to land during fog when no one else does!

Ah yes..........

But their pilots are very experienced which is why they were able to land. ��

troppo
20th May 2017, 23:21
I liked the bread thief and rapist comment :E

BNEA320
21st May 2017, 01:55
If you'd get on a Lion Group jet to Queenstown, the most challenging jet airport in Australasia, you're not very bright.
be careful with that superior attitude. No one wants to pay a premium to fly QF anymore. & JQ have been having a PR nightmare lately & JQ=QF in most peoples minds.

The Chinese & other Asian airlines undercut every other airline & are gaining market share.

Seems to be a drift away from the arab airlines, due to terrorism links & the Singapore Airlines of this world are getting their market share back.

goodonyamate
21st May 2017, 02:17
be careful with that superior attitude. No one wants to pay a premium to fly QF anymore. & JQ have been having a PR nightmare lately & JQ=QF in most peoples minds.

The Chinese & other Asian airlines undercut every other airline & are gaining market share.

Seems to be a drift away from the arab airlines, due to terrorism links & the Singapore Airlines of this world are getting their market share back.

Yep, that's why for the second year in a row QF are about to announce massive profits, and the 737 operation has always made massive profits, and why all 4 sectors I'm doing today are full with staff most likely left behind. It's also why QF mainline crew are being 'ZQN'd' again, with overnights and ongoing additional services. Because no one wants to fly with QF.

Since you've figured out what's going on in all the passengers minds, maybe you can figure out what's happening in Alan's mind as well? Might help us come Eba time.

lc_461
21st May 2017, 02:20
be careful with that superior attitude. No one wants to pay a premium to fly QF anymore. & JQ have been having a PR nightmare lately & JQ=QF in most peoples minds

But here's the thing - QF from Brisbane to ZQN for example is only seasonal, twice weekly and often costs more than a round trip to LA.. The demand is there for for premium service and Qantas steps in to meet demand and prices accordingly.

There are always going to be different segments of the market, and not all airlines target all segments. Some might be prepared to pay more for QF due to getting FF points for example. Others might instead go to flight centre and select the cheapest fare, even if it is an Indonesian airline with a questionable safety reputation that they've never heard of. You could argue that the likes of NZ and QF aren't trying to attract these customers, as they couldn't make money from them!

BNEA320
21st May 2017, 02:59
Yep, that's why for the second year in a row QF are about to announce massive profits, and the 737 operation has always made massive profits, and why all 4 sectors I'm doing today are full with staff most likely left behind. It's also why QF mainline crew are being 'ZQN'd' again, with overnights and ongoing additional services. Because no one wants to fly with QF.

Since you've figured out what's going on in all the passengers minds, maybe you can figure out what's happening in Alan's mind as well? Might help us come Eba time.
profits after massive loss. Wonder what the next instalment from the dodgy accountants will be forecasting ?

With recession, masses of people are heading for low cost airlines or not flying at all. The high cost legacy carriers in for a rough trot over next 5 years.

BNEA320
21st May 2017, 03:03
But here's the thing - QF from Brisbane to ZQN for example is only seasonal, twice weekly and often costs more than a round trip to LA.. The demand is there for for premium service and Qantas steps in to meet demand and prices accordingly.

There are always going to be different segments of the market, and not all airlines target all segments. Some might be prepared to pay more for QF due to getting FF points for example. Others might instead go to flight centre and select the cheapest fare, even if it is an Indonesian airline with a questionable safety reputation that they've never heard of. You could argue that the likes of NZ and QF aren't trying to attract these customers, as they couldn't make money from them!

In busy months like August, even poor old NZ/VA are asking high fares. QF justs get the spill. Not offering anymore than 2 days a week, makes it hard for QF diehards to fly QF in both directions, when NZ/VA have up to 12/week, that's 2/day 5 days a week. Malindo is not Indo it's Malaysian which is why they can fly the Tasman, with almost no restriction & QF hasn't got the best safety record out there. Something like 11 fatals.

TWT
21st May 2017, 03:08
& QF hasn't got the best safety record out there. Something like 11 fatals. :confused:

CurtainTwitcher
21st May 2017, 03:20
QF hasn't got the best safety record out there. Something like 11 fatals.

Source! please

porch monkey
21st May 2017, 03:20
Why do you guys insist on feeding the troll?

wishiwasupthere
21st May 2017, 03:49
With recession

I thought this had been put to bed? You obviously don't know what the definition of a recession is.

ohfa
21st May 2017, 04:13
With recession, masses of people are heading for low cost airlines or not flying at all. The high cost legacy carriers in for a rough trot over next 5 years.

Yep, better tell Joyce the first batch of 787 900s going to mainline be redirected to Jetstar...think even he would disagree nowadays......

'High cost legacy carriers' I guess you are referring to Qantas? Hasn't the transformation dealt with that? Certainly as far as the new pay deal for mainline pilots flying the 787 that is certainly the case........

Forgot to mention fuel price in your argument.....

cooperplace
21st May 2017, 04:15

I'm just a crappy PPL, so obviously I know nothing, but I'm quite often SLF into ZQN; my thoughts are always, my god, I hope these guys absolutely know what they are doing. Descent into that airport is scary, IMHO.

haughtney1
21st May 2017, 10:54
I liked the bread thief and rapist comment :E

I did as well troppo

Must have missed the fun whilst at work :E

Enos
22nd May 2017, 08:46

My thoughts exactly!!

BNEA320
You completely missed the point ranting on about low cost operators.

Lion landed a 737 in the sea short of the runway in Bali thinking the runway was wet!!

Can you imagine how a management pilot on his glory trip out the office with a pay to fly FO will get on, at least the NZ media will have something to talk about for 5 years.

BNEA320
23rd May 2017, 03:29
I thought this had been put to bed? You obviously don't know what the definition of a recession is.do you live in a bubble ? The courier mail reported on Friday last, that many large builders are going belly up, cos the real estate bubble has well & truly burst.

BNEA320
23rd May 2017, 03:31
My thoughts exactly!!

BNEA320
You completely missed the point ranting on about low cost operators.

Lion landed a 737 in the sea short of the runway in Bali thinking the runway was wet!!

Can you imagine how a management pilot on his glory trip out the office with a pay to fly FO will get on, at least the NZ media will have something to talk about for 5 years.
& QF landed a 744 in a Bangkok golf course(the aircraft was written off, but QF wanted to repair it cos they didn't want a right off on their books). What's your point ?

So shouldn't fly QF ever ?

Malindo is not indo, it's Malaysian. Like saying FJ is Australian.

Icarus2001
23rd May 2017, 03:35
that many large builders are going belly up,

Name three builders that have gone "belly up" this calendar year.

A real estate slump is not a recession is it.

porch monkey
23rd May 2017, 03:46
I swore I wouldn't feed the troll, but you really need to get another researcher. The QF 744 was NOT written off, because it was cheaper to repair than replace it. A good guide is the second hand value versus the repair value. Do some proper research before spouting your "I heard" bull**** all over the place. :rolleyes:

BNEA320
23rd May 2017, 03:55
I swore I wouldn't feed the troll, but you really need to get another researcher. The QF 744 was NOT written off, because it was cheaper to repair than replace it. A good guide is the second hand value versus the repair value. Do some proper research before spouting your "I heard" bull**** all over the place. :rolleyes:no the BKK 744 crash was a right off & it cost QF more to repair it, than it was worth. It's a pity you believe the old QF spin. Wake up.

It's going to be a very rough recession !!!

By the way, just responding to some of the ignorant rubbish on here, doesn't make a troll.

Icarus2001
23rd May 2017, 04:11
It's going to be a very rough recession !!!

When will it begin BNEA320?

BNEA320
23rd May 2017, 06:18
Name three builders that have gone "belly up" this calendar year.

A real estate slump is not a recession is it.read the courier mail last Friday. Big builders it says.

Going to be far more than a real estate slump. 23 financial institutions(apart form big 4 who have govt guarantees) had their credit ratings downgraded yesterday. Don't you read the news ?

Another GFC perhaps ?

Todays events in UK, will hurt airlines that are already struggling.

BNEA320
23rd May 2017, 06:19
When will it begin BNEA320? hello it started about 4 or more months ago. Hate to be a traddie right now. Work drying up & many builders aren't paying their traddies. Bad debts everywhere.

wishiwasupthere
23rd May 2017, 07:23
recession
rɪˈsɛʃ(ə)n/Submit
noun
a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.
"the country is in the depths of a recession"
synonyms: economic decline, downturn, depression, slump, slowdown, trough, credit crunch, credit squeeze; More

How does a few building companies going bust equate to 2 successive quarters of falling GDP?

Beer Baron
23rd May 2017, 07:27
Oh BNEA320, I feel sorry for you, you are like Chicken Little running around telling everyone who will listen that the sky is falling in. You must suffer from terrible anxiety.
You spent the last 2 years telling us that because you found a cheap airfare to LAX at Christmas, Qantas was certain to fail! You came out looking very foolish and rather than pulling your head in you are upping the ante and telling us that now the entire country is doomed! In fact, not only is a recession on the way, we are already in one.

Sadly for you, (but luckily for the rest of us), that doesn't appear to be the case. GDP: Australian economy rebounds 1.1 per cent, beating expectations (http://www.smh.com.au/business/federal-budget/gdp-australian-economy-rebounds-11-per-cent-20170228-gunocq.html)
I like this line the best:
"The decent rebound doesn't just dash any lingering fears that Australia was in a recession, but it also boosts hopes that the surge in commodity prices will trigger a rapid recovery," said Capital Economics chief economist Paul Dales. "The income recession of 2015 has given way to a mini income boom."
He is an economist, you are not.

We are NOT in a recession.

27/09
23rd May 2017, 08:13
Anyway what's the debate about whether or not there's a recession got to do with the thread topic.

I suspect there some pretty tight hoops to jump through before anyone gets to do the flash RNP procedures into NZQN.

porch monkey
23rd May 2017, 09:06
You have access to the figures? Post them. And as for the "other rubbish posted", distinct from yours, of course?

TWT
23rd May 2017, 09:18
porch monkey

I suggest you take your own advice,which you happily dispensed earlier on this thread.

'Don't feed the troll' :hmm:

ZZOOTT56
23rd May 2017, 10:06
All airlines into ZQN are required to be RNP qualified. QF is flown by Jetconnect aircraft as these crew are always current on this airport ( a landing and t/off every 30 days I believe)

Berealgetreal
23rd May 2017, 11:32
No one wants to pay a premium to fly QF anymore

What are you smoking?

BNEA320
24th May 2017, 04:35
Oh BNEA320, I feel sorry for you, you are like Chicken Little running around telling everyone who will listen that the sky is falling in. You must suffer from terrible anxiety.
You spent the last 2 years telling us that because you found a cheap airfare to LAX at Christmas, Qantas was certain to fail! You came out looking very foolish and rather than pulling your head in you are upping the ante and telling us that now the entire country is doomed! In fact, not only is a recession on the way, we are already in one.

Sadly for you, (but luckily for the rest of us), that doesn't appear to be the case. GDP: Australian economy rebounds 1.1 per cent, beating expectations (http://www.smh.com.au/business/federal-budget/gdp-australian-economy-rebounds-11-per-cent-20170228-gunocq.html)
I like this line the best:

He is an economist, you are not.

We are NOT in a recession.
Hope you're not trying to sell your overpriced home in Sydney anytime in next 5 years. Recession is going to be very bad. Every terrorist attack hurts airlines as well.

BNEA320
24th May 2017, 04:37
How does a few building companies going bust equate to 2 successive quarters of falling GDP?wow you are in complete denial. The economy is in one huge mess. Airlines are failing all over the place & you think your job is secure ?

On another thread people are discussing the demise of VA.

EPIRB
25th May 2017, 03:47
BNEA320 I think that to achieve any credibility, you really have to reveal the sources of all of your statements. Only then will you be taken seriously.

Icarus2001
25th May 2017, 05:31
Airlines are failing all over the place & you think your job is secure

Can you name three airlines that have fallen over this year?

Can you name three Australian building companies that have fallen over this year?

No one mentioned jobs being secure, only you.