PDA

View Full Version : ALT Lounge access Q.

fliion
18th May 2017, 14:04
The "delighted to announce" enhancement from Staff Travel re $100 access for wider eligibility was fine.

Doe anybody know if the lounge access we have enjoyed as part of our T&Cs has now been changed to $100 access?

donpizmeov
18th May 2017, 14:16
Checked today. Nothing has changed WRT ALT.

fliion
18th May 2017, 14:37
Cheers Don

littlejet
19th May 2017, 15:27
Just make sure that you have a printout of the staff travel manual wrt. lounge access with ALT...Long story, but at the end I made them appologize for being arrogant and ignorant...

donpizmeov
19th May 2017, 17:21
Lounge access is written on the ticket.

littlejet
19th May 2017, 18:10
It is, and they had refused to let me in...You are staff you not allowed...True story I swear

Odins Raven
19th May 2017, 19:13
It is, and they had refused to let me in...You are staff you not allowed...True story I swear

I think it used to be a rule that kids weren't allowed in the lounge on ALT but I used to turn up with my little one and the staff at the desk always let us in. We were just nice and not pushy or pompous.

However that was before I left 18 months ago. I guess no one is going to take the risk of breaking the rules these days, which is totally understandable.

Can't understand why they wouldn't let you in alone though!

littlejet
19th May 2017, 19:22
reason was an abuse of the rules at that time so someone from above told the desk at the entrance not to let anyone holding a staff travel ticket so they took it seriously...

halas
20th May 2017, 10:36
Or…. you can now pay US$100 each to get in.

This is in line with our policy for regular pax.

How to fill the lounge to make it resemble downstairs.

halas

puff m'call
20th May 2017, 12:32
Not good enough to use the lounge on a First Class Cat A standby but now they're happy to take your money and let you in :mad::mad::mad:

harry the cod
20th May 2017, 16:44
Puff & SS

Firm tickets only is how I read it. Your ID 90 wouldn't permit access anyway. There are actually very few airlines that I know of that allow their own staff to use the lounge on staff tickets anyway, BA being just one. You don't HAVE to use it, but at least you CAN if you choose. For family members on a special occasion, I think it's a nice option. Personally, I could eat and drink way more than $100 worth of food and fine wine in 4 hours.......and probably will!

Hardly worth the rant, don't you think?

Harry

desertbob
20th May 2017, 18:23
Harry, how do you find the time to honor us with your advice? What a dick!

White Knight
20th May 2017, 18:29
There are actually very few airlines that I know of that allow their own staff to use the lounge on staff tickets anyway, BA being just one

Only on the annual freebie. Not on ID90. From what I remember...

White Knight
20th May 2017, 18:32
Harry, how do you find the time to honor us with your advice? What a dick!

Another faceless 'internet braveboy':= What was so wrong about his 'advise'?

Ketek400
22nd May 2017, 04:02
Credit Card + Marhaba Lounge = Free access

Sheikh Your Bootie
22nd May 2017, 05:52
If the new deal is a someone's idea of a good deal, great for them. Most think its complete and utter crap. A Staff deal would be say, $25 each or free :p

Anyhow, most UAE credit cards have lounge access, I use HSBC MasterCard for Marhaba, and Emirates NBD Infinite, which gets access to all lounges in DXB, except EK. Marhaba gets a bit busy at times,but there are other much better ones. Also you get Lounge Key access all over the globe for nothing.

I can't get stressed about this, disappointed yet again, but far bigger sh1t to worry about.

SyB :zzz:

hunterboy
22nd May 2017, 18:39
Thread drift.....BA staff can't use the lounges on their staff tickets. (only senior management grades)

FlyingUpsideDown
22nd May 2017, 22:46
China Eastern pilots get to use the lounge in Pudong. In Sydney they use the Skyteam lounge and in Brisbane they get access to the Qantas Club. All travel to/from PVG is in J Class confirmed. However, I don't know if you could call it staff travel as there is none. Only 12 confirmed J tickets per calendar year. If you identify yourself as a Captain with China Eastern on the B777 which has F Class, if a seat is available, you are allowed to sit there. Also, access to the flight deck is available if your invited during flight or there's a spare jumpseat.