PDA

View Full Version : www.pilotassist.com

samo
17th Jan 2001, 21:23
Is anyone training with pilotassist or does anyone have any feedback on Pilotassist what are they like, fees, extra?
Samo

smoothkpilot
18th Jan 2001, 13:18
Hi Mate

I'm currently signed up with pilot assist. First of all as with all organisations do YOUR OWN research first. I saw their ad in Pilot Magazine, called them up and had a good chat with them. After much research about flight training I took their advice and done the GAPAN tests, I done well and then I done my Class 1 Medical, which I passed. I also went down to thier offices to meet them and talk more in depth about my flight training schedule.

The directors are an extremely nice bunch, although thay are not yet a particularly big school they do have plans in the pipeline, and a groundschool is on the cards, of which I will be enrolling. I have decided to do my training with them, all of which will be done at Pan AM, I personally believe that this school offers the best training for the self sponsored student.

Pilot Assist only take onthe students they think will do well in Flight training, they assess this by the result you get at the GAPAN aptitude test sessions at RAF Cranwell, this can be nerve racking but is useful as it provides an insight/indication of how you will fair during training.

If you need any more info let me know, email me or put up a posting. All the best

Smoothk
Giving the smoothest landings worldwide.

smoothkpilot
18th Jan 2001, 13:27
Hi Mate

I'm currently signed up with pilot assist. First of all as with all organisations do YOUR OWN research first. I saw their ad in Pilot Magazine, called them up and had a good chat with them. After much research about flight training I took their advice and done the GAPAN tests, I done well and then I done my Class 1 Medical, which I passed. I also went down to thier offices to meet them and talk more in depth about my flight training schedule.

The directors are an extremely nice bunch, although thay are not yet a particularly big school they do have plans in the pipeline, and a groundschool is on the cards, of which I will be enrolling. I have decided to do my training with them, all of which will be done at Pan AM, I personally believe that this school offers the best training for the self sponsored student.

Pilot Assist only take onthe students they think will do well in Flight training, they assess this by the result you get at the GAPAN aptitude test sessions at RAF Cranwell, this can be nerve racking but is useful as it provides an insight/indication of how you will fair during training.

If you need any more info let me know, email me or put up a posting. All the best

Smoothk

smoothkpilot
18th Jan 2001, 13:41
Hi Mate

Smoothk

jollygreengiant
18th Jan 2001, 15:17
Are three identical replies really necessary?

18th Jan 2001, 15:36
Hey he DONE pretty well in the GAPAN. He obviously knows what he is doing.
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

smoothkpilot
18th Jan 2001, 15:43
JollygreenGiant, SOD Off, its obviously a computer problem.

Although thanks goes out to 330.

If anyone has any questions about pilot assist feel free to contact me, or post a reply.

Final Destination
18th Jan 2001, 18:23
Smoothkpilot is right. I am currently dealing with Pilotassist.com as well and they are an excellent company to deal with.
I met Smoothkpilot when I done the GAPAN/RAF apitude tests and I also got a good pass.Smoothkpilot is right is everything he says. Unfortunatly at the moment I'm still at college and won't be finished until june so I won't be able to go to PAN AM until then.However the guys at Pilotassist ( Capt Rick, and Roger + the rest of the team) are really helpful.If you are interested in dealing with them there is no harm in giving them a call. They will be happy to help with any of your questions.
(and before anyone asks---NO I don't work for them.)
Hope this helps,Cheers FD :) :) :) :) :) :)

[This message has been edited by Final Destination (edited 18 January 2001).]

AH64 APACHE
18th Jan 2001, 23:05
I think we would all like to know how much their course is? Do they offer the GAPAN tests with it or what?

Mr Benn
19th Jan 2001, 03:15
smoothkpilot and final destination, I don't wish to nit pick but bad grammar and spelling is one of my pet hates, and also will do you no favours when you start applying for jobs.
It appears you both are in the habit of saying "I done" rather than "I have done" or "I did".
As in, "I took their advice and done the GAPAN tests, I done well and then I done my Class 1 Medical"
should be
"I took their advice and did the GAPAN tests, I did well and then I did my Class 1 medical."
I don't reckon its a typo as you said it 3 times in the same sentence.
And then final destination also said: "I met Smoothkpilot when I done the GAPAN/RAF apitude (sic) tests".
So both of you, come on, sort out your grammar. Please.
Sorry, I'm just in one of those moods tonight..... :)

smoothkpilot
19th Jan 2001, 15:22
Right Mr Benn
Don't GET ME STARTED, Quit your nit-picking and complaining.

HAS it occurred to you that this is a post board not a bloody A-Level English exam. Also some of us are writing these replies while at work. Mistakes are easliy made. Just for your record I obtained an A at GCSE English Literature and a B for GCSE English so writing perfect English is no problem form me. However it gets up my nose when sad people like you have to sit around finding faults with others. OK so I would not (NB I did not use wouldn't) write English like this on a BA appilcation form but when replying to messages such as these in about 2 minutes then maybe I would. Also with reference to the 3 repeated messages, once and for all I did not do that intentionally. I simply submitted my reply and the system repeated it 3 times. So there you are Mr English Language moderator.

SmoothK

Giving you the smoothest landings worldwide.

smoothkpilot
19th Jan 2001, 15:28
Did you spot the deliberate mistake, form, not from, you should have

Jimmy Mack
19th Jan 2001, 15:33
Excuse my simple question (I guess I'm an ignoramus too...but hopefully my spelling is OK)...what does GAPAN stand for?

monkeyboy
19th Jan 2001, 16:03
Jimmy Mack, check out http://www.gapan.org

Rgds

MB

smoothkpilot
19th Jan 2001, 16:59
GAPAN

Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators

Capt PPRuNe
20th Jan 2001, 12:11
Sorry to nitpick too, smoothkpilot, but ...the 3 repeated messages, once and for all I did not do that intentionally. I simply submitted my reply and the system repeated it 3 times. is not quite factually correct. If the cache on your browser is not set up properly then after you posted your message and 'the system' told you that your message had been submitted and you were being returned to the thread you were returned to the original cahced html page and you didn't see your reply. You did see the index show that the thread had received more replies and the message that your reply had been submitted were seen because those pages are created dynamically.

Your three repeated replies show posting times of 09:18, 09:27 and 09:41 and the server logs those times. Yes, maybe nitpicking and sorry if you are the scapegoat for this but it is a repeated problem for me when I get many emails every day from people who complain that they can't see their replies but the index shows the new post count.

Don't worry though, version 6.0 of the bulletin board software will be out at the end of January and you will all see some big changes in the look and feel of this bulletin board and many new features.

Yep, I'm in one of 'those moods' today too. :rolleyes:

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

Idle Power
20th Jan 2001, 14:02
Smoothkpilot,

Do you care to enlighten us with any more half-truths? Perhaps one of your past disciplines was in Economics! :rolleyes: Throwing your rattle out of your pram every time someone makes a valid criticism of your posts will get you nowhere in life and perhaps just goes to show how immature and hyper-sensitive you are! Having read your posts, I have to say I am very impressed with pilotassist.com - not!!

I'm getting a funny smell!!!

P.S. Would you like another rattle? :)

[This message has been edited by Idle Power (edited 20 January 2001).]

smoothkpilot
20th Jan 2001, 15:49
idle Power

Lets hope we never meet

Cos if we do consider another profession. Maybe you failed GAPAN so pilot assist wouldn't look at you, cos they only take those who achieve high score. Like myself and Final Destination. Thats why you criticize them.
And yeah theres my bad English again.

Land After
20th Jan 2001, 17:19
Guys/Girls,

This is an Aviation Forum - not alt.rec.english.language.correct.use

Concentrate on the message not the spelling!

I guess I'm having one of those days too http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

* Corrected for the inevitable typo - let he who is without sin, etc....

[This message has been edited by Land After (edited 20 January 2001).]

juswonnafly
20th Jan 2001, 19:01
Wahay! Spleling fore tha massis !

Long liv the revalooshun!

I'm in wun of those moods too today :rolleyes:

JWF :):

sd
21st Jan 2001, 02:34
Danny,

Has version 6.0 a spell check on board??

That might shut the bloody self appointed spelling police up once and far all!! :rolleyes:

edited for a spelling mistake!!!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

[This message has been edited by sd (edited 20 January 2001).]

Rusty Cessna
21st Jan 2001, 06:06
Just for the record, I got an A* for Englishski and still make an effort, I used to think it didnt matter but more people tend to listen to you if you show good grammer.

But hey, lets not argue about it yeah, and return to the actual threat topic?

I probably made mistakes here, but are they deliberate?

Rusty.
:) :) :)

inyoni
21st Jan 2001, 09:30
Returning to the original thread somewhat, I'd suggest you look at my topic in the Instructors Forum regarding a looming shortage of suitably qualified Instructors to train on approved and modular JAA courses in the US at: http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum5/HTML/000607.html, before any of you rush off to do any training in the US!

[This message has been edited by inyoni (edited 21 January 2001).]