PDA

View Full Version : Whats going to really happen?

Stonca
11th Jul 2002, 22:31
Hi Guys

Just reading the eurofighter topic and now I'm a little worried.

I've always wanted to become an RAF pilot but due to failing the medical I can't. Managed to get the Flying and Gliding Scholarship though.

So I started uni, just about to go into my 2nd year with the aim of becoming a Nav/WSO at the end of my 3rd year.

However, someone stated that Tornado's will probably be scrapped at 2010 rather than 2020!!!

Is this likely to happen?

If so is it likely that Tornado will be replaced by a two-seater aircraft such as a two-set Typhoon?

CBA_caption
11th Jul 2002, 22:41
Either you were drunk when you typed that, or your spelling is so bad you wouldn't have made it through selection anyway. Incedently, any mistakes I have just made are drink induced.

STANDTO
12th Jul 2002, 19:06
If you failed the medical that means, usually, that you can't go up dilly up up, regardless of what the a/c type and seat position is.

unless of course campers, you know different............

Chris Kebab
12th Jul 2002, 19:56
Stonca

Worry not and sign up. There is zero - watch my lips - zero chance of GR4 being binned by 2010.

There is also zero chance of a two-seat (non-trainer) Typhoon.

Stonca
12th Jul 2002, 20:06
I failed the eyesight part which means I can't be a pilot or Load master.

However I can be a Nav/WSO.

I passed all the aptitude tests but decided to come to uni first and get a degree then become a Nav after with more chance of getting a better job if I don't get in or don't pass the training.

This was before they introduced the In service degree. I would of done that if the option was there when I applied.

Can't wait to try and join though!

STANDTO
13th Jul 2002, 07:30
fat alberts need navs too

Stonca
15th Jul 2002, 21:54
Please tell me if I'm wrong but I thought the new C-130 J's didn't have Navs on them!

Am I wrong?

ORAC
15th Jul 2002, 22:07
But the way that things are going on the A400M there's probably more than enough time to get a degree, train as a Nav and do a tour on the Ks. :D