PDA

View Full Version : vlm

mikkie4
15th May 2017, 17:34
Vlm slovenia have been granted their aoc.they will restart the maribor-london ...either sen or ltn using 6 inherited fockers and 2 airbuses...lets hope its southend rather than luton

davidjohnson6
15th May 2017, 18:16
Why do people running airlines not realise that reviving the brand of an airline that went bust almost never works ? Passengers don't care about how much employees enjoyed working for the previous incarnation - but they do remember the outcome when the last company went bust and they (or people they knew) were stranded.

The 'real' Pan Am had a really really good brand and even now people talk wistfully about what flying Pan Am was like. It went bust around 1991. There have been three or four reincarnations of Pan Am since - none of them have succeeded in a meaningful way.

I wish this new company well and if I have a chance will buy a ticket from them. I really hope however that they are sensible enough to create a new brand with an identity that the new management can define in the way they want but with no emotional baggage

Harry Wayfarers
15th May 2017, 22:57
reviving the brand of an airline that went bust almost never works

So Air Kilroe would never revive, and trade under the identity of, an airline that went bust during the 1980's that involved them secreting their aircraft in flying club type airfields in the Humberside area?

ETOPS
16th May 2017, 06:05
an airline that went bust during the 1980's that involved them secreting their aircraft in flying club type airfields in the Humberside area?

Faulty memory Harry - that was Metropolitan........:ok:

Harry Wayfarers
16th May 2017, 23:28
Faulty memory Harry - that was Metropolitan........http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

It was Eastern Airways!

16th May 2017, 23:43
Strange to use the branding somewhere it doesn't mean anything (Slovenia) and somewhere it means something different (UK)!

ETOPS
17th May 2017, 07:53
Harry - you are fighting uphill here.

Eastern Airways was incorporated on 19th Nov 1997 and subsequently bought the AKL operating cert ( as a quick way to get started) in Feb 1999.

Thus your assertion that the moving of a SD-330 from Leeds to a flying club field in the late 80s was something to do with Eastern is wrong.

I know this because a) I worked for Air Kilroe b) I was a Leeds at the time c) I knew the two crew who "relocated" the Metropolitan SD-330 ... having taught one of them to fly.

Over to you.