PDA

View Full Version : Bristol M.1C Instrument Panel

whiterose80
15th May 2017, 15:04
Hello everyone,

I have recently acquired this old instrument panel and would greatly appreciate any input. The nameplate reads ‘British and Colonial Aeroplane Co. Ltd – Bristol – M.1C’ and another has the number ‘14825’.

Why I am confused is that all of the pictures and archive I have seen so far on the M.1C’s have less of a control panel and more like a few instruments scattered about the cockpit. What I am wondering is, could my panel have been fitted to an older M.1C at a later date to the images I have seen so far? I think the M.1C’s were built around 1917 but the instruments in my panel were made by companies (mainly American) which didn’t even come into existence until the 1920’s.
I have searched for many hours to try and find the matching cockpit but have so far drawn a blank, which is why I came across some of your members playing ‘guess the cockpit game’ and thought if anyone will know your good members will!

I am appealing for any useful information as to what plane this actually came off and any help would be very gratefully received.

megan
16th May 2017, 01:40
The Minlaton Museum in South Australia has a restored to original state Bristol M1C on display. Imported into Australia circa 1919 by Harry Butler. Museum may be contacted by,

Minlaton Museum (http://yorkepeninsula.com.au/Tourism/atdw/product/56b270d0aeeeaaf773d03297)

They could probably send you a pic if requested. This is the aircraft, the only surviving original.