PDA

View Full Version : BA and SN Brussels to codeshare

AlphaCharlie
11th Jul 2002, 21:53
The following is from http://www.britishairways.com/press

British Airways and SN Brussels form new commercial alliance

British Airways and SN Brussels Airlines announced today that they are to enter into a commercial relationship, subject to regulatory approvals.

The agreement between the two carriers will enable the SN Brussels flight code to be placed on all British Airways services between Brussels and London from October 27, 2002.

In addition to the code-share, new ticketing arrangements will allow customers to benefit from improved access to each airline’s network. The airlines also intend to offer SN Brussels Airlines’ frequent flyers the opportunity to earn and redeem miles with British Airways when they travel on the code-share services between London and Brussels. Plus, business class passengers travelling on SN Brussels’ code-share services will gain access to British Airways lounges at Heathrow and Gatwick.

July 11, 2002

Sounds similar to the Virgin Express Sabena tie-up, although that used to cover the entire VE network. Does this mean that SN Brussels will no longer fly the route but simply have an SN code on the BA flights, or will both continue to fly it but have a traditional codeshare agreement?

CIV5C
13th Jul 2002, 10:48
AC,
After what I've read in the Belgian newspapers, SN would continue to operate the flights for a few more weeks or months, but BA would be taking over all of them afterwards.
Apparently SN wanted to make A/C available for new destinations and get access to the OneWorld alliance, and I suppose BA is trying to get VEX out of the game.
I think SN sold all their LHR slots to BA, but only a few months ago they seem to have sold some to VEX as well. Basically this would mean that SN does not have slots any longer in Heathrow.
If others on this forum have some more info would be great to know.
Cheers
CIV5C