PDA

View Full Version : OK, who was it? Helicopter lands to pick up McDonalds

meloz
14th May 2017, 09:22
Pilot lands helicopter to collect McDonald’s order in Sydney
Read more at Pilot lands helicopter to collect McDonald?s order in Sydney - 9news.com.au (http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/14/17/37/pilot-lands-helicopter-to-collect-mcdonalds-order-in-sydney#cfmuvaWj2bWrrj1R.99)

Pilot lands helicopter to collect McDonald?s order in Sydney - 9news.com.au (http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/14/17/37/pilot-lands-helicopter-to-collect-mcdonalds-order-in-sydney)

Flying Binghi
14th May 2017, 11:07
Slow news day for the media muppets eh...:hmm:

rotorfan
14th May 2017, 12:18
Who was it? Someone with low standards regarding "food". :yuk: (An export the USA should be embarrassed about.)

Vertical Freedom
14th May 2017, 12:38
Someone who doesn't care about passing their class 1 medical, nor their longevity :ouch:

fleigle
14th May 2017, 15:47
"(An export the USA should be embarrassed about.) "
Hey, nobody forces them to buy the crap !!!
f

Bell_ringer
14th May 2017, 15:55
Mickey D's, typical Eurocopter driver - style and taste lost in translation :E

DirtyProp
14th May 2017, 16:17
Did he use the drive-thru? Very impressed if he did...

Flying Bull
14th May 2017, 17:54
Not the first one - and probably not the last one.
O.K. The one I knew of was a Burger King 😉
Hubschrauber macht Drive In zu Fly In (http://www.shortnews.de/id/236480/hubschrauber-macht-drive-in-zu-fly-in)

krypton_john
14th May 2017, 20:35
Pilot lands helicopter to collect McDonald’s order in Sydney
Read more at Pilot lands helicopter to collect McDonald?s order in Sydney - 9news.com.au (http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/14/17/37/pilot-lands-helicopter-to-collect-mcdonalds-order-in-sydney#cfmuvaWj2bWrrj1R.99)

Pilot lands helicopter to collect McDonald?s order in Sydney - 9news.com.au (http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/14/17/37/pilot-lands-helicopter-to-collect-mcdonalds-order-in-sydney)

Do CASA routinely investigate when someone lands a helicopter on private land?

They must be very busy.

Heliringer
14th May 2017, 21:02
When you land in an urban area they probably will.

Check the place out on google earth.

tartare
15th May 2017, 00:30
...am I right in getting the impression that this guy left his machine running unattended while he went inside to collect his burger?
That's certainly what it looks like from the video.
Was there anyone else on board?
If not - what would have stopped a member of the public from walking up to and potentially interfering with an unattended, running helicopter?

John Eacott
15th May 2017, 01:53
...am I right in getting the impression that this guy left his machine running unattended while he went inside to collect his burger?
That's certainly what it looks like from the video.
Was there anyone else on board?
If not - what would have stopped a member of the public from walking up to and potentially interfering with an unattended, running helicopter?

No, you are not right. There is a pilot in the right seat, the passenger gets out from the left seat and returns with the Maccas bag.

Been there, done that, but with a view to being away from the public and also away from a built up area that could be construed as reason for CASA to take an interest. The Birdsville pub is often seen to have a parked fixed wing or visiting helicopter outside, as are many outback establishments. The Rouse Hill/inner Sydney suburbs? Hmmmmm......

tartare
15th May 2017, 05:42
Well that makes a bit more sense then.
He landed between Maccas and Red Rooster, just down from Hungry Jacks.
Pilot `Dan' insisted on Kyle and Jackie O this morning that he had permission from the property owner...

muddergoose
15th May 2017, 08:21
Did anyone notice the poisoned square box lines in which the helicopter landed?

Squawk7700
15th May 2017, 08:26
Clearly it was pre-planned with a box drawn, but hey, good on them and they donated $1,000 to the Ronald McDonald house for Children with some pretty terrible illnesses. 👍

KRviator
15th May 2017, 09:15
Why can't Bronwyn Bishop get Maccas without PPrune being all over the event?

Bell_ringer
15th May 2017, 09:31
Did they actually contravene any regulations or is this the Aussie's love of reporting people that we hear so much about?
If they had permission and operated safely, within regs, what's the big deal?
We're all outraged that they had McD's but to be fair, anything more substantial and the EC120 (or whatever the H it's called now) probably wouldn't have got off the ground ;)

SASless
15th May 2017, 12:20
I used to stop at a restaurant with great frequency while flying for a corporation in Washington State.

When I made parley with the Owner and asked if he objected.....his reply was very animated....."Hell No! Every time you stop in my business picks up!".

He got to buying my Meal for me.....thus I always asked the Pax if they wanted to stop in on the way by!

Of course we are not as hamstrung by the FAA as some places in the world are by their Authority!

jimcarler
15th May 2017, 13:30
Seems like an expensive way to get a heart attack, but other than that I can't see what the problem is given permission obtained etc

helipixman
15th May 2017, 17:53
Who was it? Someone with low standards regarding "food". :yuk: (An export the USA should be embarrassed about.)

Living in a country where some people eat deep fried Chocolate bars and drink some weird wine..... McDonalds is considered GOURMET food. So good on them.

I have been in many heli crews landing at food establishments. In particular a mobile tea bar near the English/Scottish border at Carter Bar for a quick Cuppa !

whoknows idont
15th May 2017, 18:09
A helicopter landing next to a mobile tea bar for a quick cuppa!
Doesn't get more British then that. :D