PDA

View Full Version : BA flight grounded after bird found flapping around in cockpit

PAXboy
9th May 2017, 19:06
This is a new reason for canx. Does this mean they don't have to pay compensation for the delay?!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/09/blackbird-cockpit-flypast-grounds-british-airways-flight-heathrow-new-york

Basil
10th May 2017, 13:00
I completely misunderstood the thread title . . :O

B2N2
10th May 2017, 14:33
How much compensation would they have had to pay had they gone aviatin' and something somewhere sometime has gotten damaged ?

ExXB
10th May 2017, 15:19
Well if it is deamed to be an extraordinary event then compensation is not due. I doubt if many suffered 3hr plus delay on this route.

What I find extraordinary is the time it took to catch this stowaway. Surely a blanket borrowed from the first class cabin would have immobilised it long enough to put it out the window.

B2N2
10th May 2017, 15:51
Y'all gotta find the little pecker first.

S.o.S.
10th May 2017, 19:48
Basil. You're a very naughty boy. Come in sit in the front row of the cabin where I can keep my eye on you.:=

Basil
11th May 2017, 23:19
Yes Miss!
Which reminds me of our rather Bohemian art mistress in an all boys school.
One chap would take his creation out, place it upon her desk, and ask for an appraisal which meant that she would lean forward to look at it thereby attracting a degree of student attention of which most teachers can only dream. :E

Mature but well cared for lady, dyed jet black hair, low cut top. Bally heck, can still remember that after sixty years!

PAXboy
12th May 2017, 01:58
Jet black hair? Teacher? That was my junior school teacher, Miss Olwen Smith, Welsh and, as far as I know, natural hair. Cambridge (UK) 1964. She also often wore a red pencil skirt.

Basil, if you completely misunderstood the title of this thread, I completely misunderstood "One chap would take his creation out, place it upon her desk, and ask for an ..."

Ah yes, now back to the thread before we're both scrubbing out the loos at the back of the cabin after a long haul. :eek:

Rwy in Sight
12th May 2017, 04:51
And once again we are sorry for not having Slasher around to enrich the thread with pics.

S.o.S.
12th May 2017, 18:20
Basil Yes Miss!Miss? Miss? You obviously and deliberately, Miss-named me just to introduce your disgusting story about childhood lust. Disgraceful. :=

Huh and people think my job is easy. :*

Basil
13th May 2017, 11:08
And I didn't even get started on the English mistress and the school sec :E
Sorry, SoS, can't afford to get banned from another forum; we should definitely get little 'Banned!' badges made up in Change Alley ;)

vctenderness
13th May 2017, 13:45
I saw lots of birds flapping around the cockpit! Usually when the captain asked for full English with scrambled eggs, F/O wanted cornflakes with a banana on top and Flight Engineer wanted two bacon rolls one with tomato ketchup and one with brown sauce. All of this about 45 minutes prior to landing with a full First Class cabin!!!

Basil
13th May 2017, 14:50
cornflakes with a banana on top
AKA 'a Nigelburger' :)

Davef68
17th May 2017, 12:07
I'm avoiding any jokes about female pilots

Evanelpus
17th May 2017, 12:10
Don't worry, it was only a wagon dragon bringing the pilot his coffee.