PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel - How it used to be

Hanslope
8th May 2017, 09:58
Mods - I hope this is allowed, please remove if not.

In my spare time I work as an Aircraft Guide at the Duxford Aviation society near Cambridge. I thought I would let everyone know of a special event planned for Fathers day on Sunday the 18th June. The society looks after a unique collection of airliners ranging from a Viscount, Britannia, Comet right up to Concorde. Regular visitors can climb aboard and get a feel for what it was like travelling in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. On this special day though limited access to the cockpits of the airliners will be possible. Guests will be able to sit in Captain or Co-pilot seats and get a detailed briefing including a simulated take off sequence with checklists etc. For my sins I will be part of a 2 man team looking after guests on the Trident that day. More info is available on the Society website BRITISH AIRLINER FLIGHT DECK EXPERIENCE | The Duxford Aviation Society (http://das.org.uk/british-airliner-flight-deck-experience/) If you fancy a walk down memory lane it would be lovely to see any Pruners on the day

Bergerie1
8th May 2017, 13:13
I have sent you a PM