PDA

View Full Version : 90's cx

alwaysCX
7th May 2017, 11:03
Just saw this video pop up.

EDIT: link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mur0egfUiXE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1

Despite all the bashing that happens in FH forum, the video reminds me of the company that has made me fall in love with aviation and the endless joys of being at Kai Tak and watching the aircraft depart and arrive.

Sadly, my pursuit of joining CX has always led to a negative answer from the recruitment team and the "dream" is slowly fading away.

It is very easy to always complain about the negative and very difficult to think of the positive. Cathay may not be the airline of the 70's but it sure beats a 9-5 job or my current flying job!

All the best to all of you trying to improve the terms at CX, maybe one day I will get to enjoy them!

Trafalgar
7th May 2017, 12:16
costs are high, blah , blah, we all have to 'pull together' blah, blah, nimble competitors, blah, blah. My own thoughts are that only someone from management could have enjoyed that video. oh...wait. 2c worth. excuse my cynicism.

alwaysCX
7th May 2017, 12:22
We are all entitled to our own thoughts.
This video reminds me of a time where Hong Kong could be proud to have such an airline but as we all know, those days are long gone!