PDA

View Full Version : Fares!

NWSRG
6th May 2017, 21:10
Folks,

Looking to go to San Francisco in either June or August.

June with BA is coming out around £650, with August at around £1200.

Question is, is this normal seasonal variation, or is June cheaper because we are closer and at the "seat filling" point? In which case, is August likely to come down?

Any help appreciated!

PAXboy
6th May 2017, 21:18
Apart from peak school holiday time, the 21st August is attracting a lot of people as the gods have decided to have an eclipse right across the USA in peak holiday time. I was going to go but the fares are too ridiculous. Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - Path Through the United States (http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm)

alserire
6th May 2017, 22:25
Folks,

Looking to go to San Francisco in either June or August.

June with BA is coming out around £650, with August at around £1200.

Question is, is this normal seasonal variation, or is June cheaper because we are closer and at the "seat filling" point? In which case, is August likely to come down?

Any help appreciated!

Have you looked at Aer Lingus?

SFO from London via Dub coming in at £950 in mid-August if you are flexible with dates. From Manchester at £850. And you pre-clear in Dublin!

Possibly worth a look?

NWSRG
6th May 2017, 23:02
Yep, had definitely thought of DUB, but for the June dates it was actually more expensive than BA.
It's a strange one in that June is a business trip that I was hoping to take the family on, but the alternative was for us all to go again later...

ExXB
7th May 2017, 09:31
Supply and demand. Early June is before US schools (and UK?) begin their summer break.

NWSRG
7th May 2017, 19:35
So the moral of that story is to go ahead with the June booking!

Thanks for your help everyone.

Gonzo
8th May 2017, 14:11
Have you looked at tickets starting in DUB?

Direct DUB-SFO with Aer Lingus 9-15 Aug £831, WOW Air via Keflavik same dates £481.

Obviously you need to factor in cost of getting to/from DUB and the cost of an overnight hotel dpending on your risk appetite.

For June you can go Aer Lingus/Virgin Premium Economy via MAN on 6-13 June for £861, £464 if you go economy.

Alsacienne
8th May 2017, 18:53
... and don't forget to factor in food, baggage and delays with WOW ...

Another James
9th May 2017, 06:57
Hi sending a family member there so Have been looking at my travel agent prices.

Economy.

13-27 june £499
15-29 aug £830

Belfast,LHR-SFO.
Linctus+Virgin

Not mentioning my source,its against the site rules or is it ?

Heathrow Harry
9th May 2017, 09:43
Alsacienne - weather is rarely a problem at Dublin

EI have very high ontime numbers in and out of the place.........

Alsacienne
9th May 2017, 10:59
No, but it can be in KEF .... See forecast for today and tomorrow! My reference to delays were from technical issues and few if any back up a/c if one goes tech!

S.o.S.
9th May 2017, 11:57
Thanks for checking Another James. It is against site rules because all the glories of PPRuNe are brought to you by paid for advertising.