PDA

View Full Version : Virgin, Manchester to New York?

Noah Zark.
4th May 2017, 16:27
I know this could be old news, and I have missed it completely, but I heard that Virgin are to start flying from Manchester to New York, and also they have ordered a fleet of new aircraft.
Whether these new aircraft are supposed to be for this new route or not, I don't know. But does anyone have any info on these two items, please?

DaveReidUK
4th May 2017, 17:08
Announced in June of last year.

Virgin to launch new Manchester-New York service in 2017. (http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-06-01/virgin-to-launch-new-manchester-new-york-service-in-2017/)

canberra97
4th May 2017, 18:24
Noah

A search on Google would have given you all the information you needed plus if your on a.net there has been discussions on there concerning this 'old news'.

The new aircraft as in Airbus 350 will replace the current Boeing 747 and Airbus 340 fleets.

Noah Zark.
4th May 2017, 19:22
Thank you for the info, chaps! As I said in my original post, I missed it completely! N.Z.

DaveReidUK
4th May 2017, 22:34
The new aircraft as in Airbus 350 will replace the current Boeing 747 and Airbus 340 fleets.

Virgin aren't due to get their A350s for another couple of years.

The MAN/JFK route will be operated by their current A330-300s.

SealinkBF
4th May 2017, 23:32
Not quite related...They've cut their Manchester - Boston and Manchester - San Francisco season short this year.

Flying to Boston on Saturday and flight looks 1/4 fulll...

canberra97
4th May 2017, 23:42
Virgin aren't due to get their A350s for another couple of years.

The MAN/JFK route will be operated by their current A330-300s.

I was referring to the posters remark about his question regarding new aircraft on order for Virgin Atlantic NOT what aircraft would be operating MAN to JFK as I am totally aware along with others that the A350 is a few years away from entering service with VS.

DaveReidUK
5th May 2017, 06:42
I was referring to the posters remark about his question regarding new aircraft on order for Virgin Atlantic NOT what aircraft would be operating MAN to JFK as I am totally aware along with others that the A350 is a few years away from entering service with VS.

Fair enough, I was simply answering the second part of the OP's question in case he was confused by the mention of A350s.

Whether these new aircraft are supposed to be for this new route or not, I don't know.