PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air to receive the First B787-9 April 2018

Smoke mountain
30th Apr 2017, 16:17
Can a dream come true and Gulf Air starts competing with other Airlines in the region ?

https://www.gulfair.com/media-centre/press-releases/gulf-air-on-track-for-first-boeing-787-dreamliner-delivery

Airmann
30th Apr 2017, 21:47
Getting a new plane which was ordered due to political pressures does not signal any sort of revival of fortunes for GF.

In any case their 330s are all approaching the 20 year mark and are due to be replaced, replacement does not equal expansion.

parabellum
1st May 2017, 02:55
Could be ordered by GF and go straight to the Royal Flight?

squarecrow
1st May 2017, 05:58
I heard a lot of talk over in the Simulator building more than a year ago about 787 coming this year. Now its April 2018. I heard other comments like were do they plan to go and there was no training plans yet etc. I also heard comments about GF wont own them Parabellum so who knows.

Smoke mountain
1st May 2017, 07:50
I heard a lot of talk over in the Simulator building more than a year ago about 787 coming this year. Now its April 2018. I heard other comments like were do they plan to go and there was no training plans yet etc. I also heard comments about GF wont own them Parabellum so who knows.

True,Some say they wont believe it till i see the aircraft parked.. i heard that they sent some maintenance guys for training other than that nothing! no real fleet management and dont forget the shortage on 320 pilots!!

Landflap
5th May 2017, 14:24
Yeah , but I signed up for the first course and volunteered to do ALL the delivery flights. Beaten to it !