PDA

View Full Version : Lagos Nigeria overnight...

sunbeam1
30th Apr 2017, 14:53
Hi all,

What Hotel is recommended in Lagos?
What do i have to take care about?

I`m flying medium Business jet and have to stop in LAGOS.
Still dangerous?

Thanks for your answer.

CentreOfExcellence
30th Apr 2017, 15:21
I'd avoid the Sheraton and book the Protea. Much nicer and quiet (by Lagos standards, of course).

Execujet should be able to take care of all of your accommodations and transportation.

Don't be alarmed by Lagos. It's hot, loud and smells bad. However, standard street smarts and letting Execujet handle your needs will make for a simple, limited hassle experience.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
30th Apr 2017, 21:16
Good advice from CofE. The Sheraton is overrated, over priced and overcrowded. The Protea is quite expensive (although you won't be paying I guess) but more modern and it's also very slightly closer to the airport. The food is better than the Sheraton too.

It's located on the easier side of the dual carriageway from the terminal and your driver will be able to do a U-turn when he collects you for the return flight as there is a cross carriageway junction just down the road.

Hope this helps.

Countrygent
1st May 2017, 16:26
Sunbeam, agree with both replies thus far. Just a small point, there are 2 Protea Hotels. Both quite agreeable but better with the one on Isaac John Street. Nice and close to the airport and secure. ExecuJet good at the airport and will organise all you need.

sunbeam1
2nd May 2017, 06:44
Thank you for all answers.

Something to take care about the transportation to the Hotel?

B777Cargodriver
2nd May 2017, 07:51
There is a nice club just across the street of Sheraton where we stay. It's safe and the bouncers are nice if you start showing some Washington's lol.

If you got plenty of time try the mall food is ok.

Evanelpus
2nd May 2017, 10:47
Arrange transportation beforehand, for the love of god, don't just get into a taxi and give them the destination!

BALEWA
2nd May 2017, 20:11
Gosh.
And here I am loving lagos.. Absolutely gorgeous accommodation, never smelt a thing in my neighborhood, always a thrill riding a yellow taxi with the lads and best of all " Gorgeous lady " parked up at Execujet....

The Sheraton Protea. Y'all must still be in 2015

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
2nd May 2017, 22:41
BALEWA,

You're so much better; I don't know anything. I only lived there.

sunbeam1
3rd May 2017, 06:08
Thanks to all...:-)