PDA

View Full Version : Any Irish pilots in Wizzair? (Contract query)

UFO-flying-Airbus
30th Apr 2017, 12:59
Hello all,

I've passed the assessments for and will soon be joining Wizzair's 'Rapid Command' Program.

They've asked me to choose between either a local (Romanian in my case as per my assigned base) contract or a Confair contract.
Would anyone from the Emerald Isle be able to advise as to which one might be best? Their Info sheet says;

Romanian Contract; "...16.5% of your gross salary will be deducted towards Social and Health contributions....income tax will be 16%"

Confair Contract: "...social and health contributions are the responsibility of the individual..........Swiss tax would be deducted according to the reported tax bracket and based on the agreement between the tax residence country [Ireland for me] and Switzerland"

I'm unmarried with no children. I'll have to try to contact the Swiss and Irish authorities, presumably, for more info. But if anyone might have some ideas on the subject beforehand it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

172_driver
30th Apr 2017, 14:42
Is this Wizzair giving back at Ireland?

Base in Romania, lives in Ireland and pays tax in Switzerland.

In Ryanair it would be;

Based in Romania, lives in Switzerland and pays tax in Ireland.

Ironic...

intheblue
1st May 2017, 06:49
I have a friend flying left seat with them in bucharest, he's local and told me he never got the swiss tax back as he's paying both romanian and swiss on the local contract and basicaly flies for peanuts. Better do your math before you get into the pink..

UFO-flying-Airbus
1st May 2017, 15:55
intheblue,

Thanks for that, yes, I'll do my best :-)

heberzub
6th Jul 2017, 16:03
I heard from someone, there was or will be some tax change in Romania. So basically there will not be double taxation. I might be wrong, but maybe someone here knows more.