PDA

View Full Version : Russian Spy Ship Sunk

Pontius Navigator
28th Apr 2017, 15:18
*Aviation content - monitoring AGIs was bread and butter for MPA.

As she went down in Turkish waters I guess Erogdan's new best friend will be given sole rights on recovery, unless the US can trump any deal.

Lonewolf_50
28th Apr 2017, 15:26
I am pretty sure that various NATO partners further north would be interested in consultation and sharing, per usual protocols, with the Turkish government as they'll probably learn a thing or two during any recovery process.
(Yeah, AGI's were a frequent subject of our photo rigging debriefs after flight ...)

TEEEJ
28th Apr 2017, 19:32
*Aviation content - monitoring AGIs was bread and butter for MPA.

As she went down in Turkish waters I guess Erogdan's new best friend will be given sole rights on recovery, unless the US can trump any deal.

The AGI wasn't in Turkish waters.

The Project 861 / Moma class ship of Russian Black Sea Fleet was approximately 17 nautical miles northwest of the northern entrance of Istanbul Strait when Togo flagged livestock carrier Youzarsif H hit Liman.
Liman was not expected to pass southbound through Istanbul Strait. This means she was sailing just outside of the Turkish territorial waters for collecting intelligence.

https://turkishnavy.net/2017/04/27/russian-intelligence-gathering-ship-liman-sunk-off-the-coast-of-istanbul/