PDA

View Full Version : AVA days (EK)

halas
27th Apr 2017, 13:23
We are delighted to introduce AVA days.

Only three months notice required, 1 or 2 days so you don't have to burden yourself with chewing-up 4 days minimum leave.

How about just a guaranteed day off with one one months notice.
How hard would that be?

Using leave balance to reduce annual leave by a day or two?
Unless they expect everyone to come forth and request every birthday etc to utilise the remaining leave, l am embarrassed at this offer.

There is virtually two days in the year that will be over subscribed.
One is december one in January.

halas

ps. And yes l have emailed management about my disappointment

145qrh
27th Apr 2017, 13:44
Old EK management mantra "We never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity"

halas
27th Apr 2017, 13:49
You mean delighted not to miss an opportunity

halas

felixthecat
27th Apr 2017, 14:45
Will be interesting to see if the months hours reflect 2 days or leave or if it is just a normal months flying with 'leave' being used as days off

sluggums
27th Apr 2017, 16:51
They do seem to be very 'delighted' about a few things these days...

BigGeordie
27th Apr 2017, 22:50
Felix, I think we can all answer that already.

On the other hand, this is something we didn't have before and while I can't see me ever giving up a couple of days leave just so my days off can be reduced it might be useful for some people. We aren't being forced to use it.

One of several small (almost insignificant actually) changes to our conditions which for once aren't entirely negative.

fatbus
28th Apr 2017, 01:18
Give credit where credit is due. It's not a reduction of T&Cs. Don't be the typical EK pilot and complain for the sake of complaining. It gets very boring very fast.

AlanPardew
28th Apr 2017, 02:39
Give credit where credit is due. It's not a reduction of T&Cs. Don't be the typical EK pilot and complain for the sake of complaining. It gets very boring very fast.

It is a reduction in T&C's actually. They have to give us days off anyway, this way they just make one particular day you've asked for an XX and it comes out of your leave bank, plus they still get the same amount of work from you. It's a clever way to squeeze more out of us while disguising it as a nice gesture.

Until we get credit for leave days this will be nothing but a sly move.

Alan

felixthecat
28th Apr 2017, 07:26
Until we get credit for leave days this will be nothing but a sly move

Exactly! Basically by my working 20 days a month with 88hrs to productivity....4.4hrs per day leave. Anything else is just a way or reducing the leave bank.

It is a positive move from the management but only when it is tied to leave credit.