PDA

View Full Version : CAA Medical Boss

beerdrinker
22nd Apr 2017, 05:54
Who is the boss of the UK CAA Aeromedical. section. I want to write to them to complain about the way the section has behaved / treated me.

Jodelophile
22nd Apr 2017, 20:44
Dr Sally Evans

gingernut
23rd Apr 2017, 19:44
All doc's (and nurses) are accountable through differing routes....

Contract of employment, professional body, the criminal justice system, and the civil courts.

From experience, it's sometimes best to get thing's sorted out at a local level.

Depending on what you want :-)

Albus_Dumbledore
30th Apr 2017, 07:20
I'm with you beer drinker. Now everything is risk related, and the CAA and AME push it all on to the consultants. My return to work is being hampered by plain stupidity. A complaint is forthcoming. :mad:

blue up
30th Apr 2017, 10:13
I didn't get very far with the CAA directly but my AME has been helpful (and not even asking for more cash) plus I had some very good help from one of the resident Pprune aero-medical experts. :ok:

I get the impression that the CAA is now just an admin operation and that they rely on input, when needed, from trusted medical sources.

Fire and brimstone
1st May 2017, 17:50
This 'entity' appear to take seven times as long as necessary to do anything.

Considering pilots pay for the licence, pay for medicals and pay to see their consultants one wonders how this is permitted?

The loss to the industry of otherwise fit pilots must run into £millions every year.

Once they have exceeded what you consider is a reasonable response time I would suggest a letter the the Chief Executive. At least then the letter would come down from him into the Medical Department.

The more letters he gets, the more annoyed with this entity he will surely become.